Center for Women in Leadership
(CWIL) develops, supports, and creates successful women on our campus, in our community, and on the global stage
Specifically, we provide many opportunities to support this vision, which include:
- The Mentor Project: Developing professional and personal leadership skills.
- Programs: Providing local internships, global community projects; and
- Support: Scholarships, stipends, and grants;
- Leadership and Management Development: Curating a Women in Leadership Conference for students, alumni, and the business and academic communities.
The goals of the Center are well-tied to the University and College strategic initiatives in regards to: Increasing student involvement and engagement, further developing facility, expanding practitioner/research roles and globalization endeavors, and promoting the knowledge and practice of managing diversity, particularly for women, while following the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB),
The Center for Women in Leadership develops and promotes women in their careers locally, nationally, and globally.
The Center for Women in Leadership is a primary resource for training, research, and services in diversity and leadership development, specifically for women.
- To offer female students experiential learning opportunities to explore and promote their development as leaders.
- To support faculty research in area of women and their leadership development.
- To provide training and services to women in business and in the community to promote the leadership development of women.
- To work in the international arena to provide training to women in leadership development.
- To conduct research about women in leadership.
Dr. Margaret Thompson
Stay Tuned for Future WOW! Events
WOW! Women on Wednesdays
Join us for our feature speaker series; WOW! Women on Wednesday's. For the fall 2022 semester, the WOW! series will be held in a hybrid format.
- If you'd like you attend in person, they will take place in the Arbor Hall auditorium located on the Clayton State east campus. The east campus is located at:
5823 Trammell Road Morrow, GA 30260
For directions click here.
If you'd prefer to attend virtually, a link will be provided here upon the announcement of speakers.
The CWIL Advisory Board exists to help the Center for Women in Leadership achieve its mission and gain regional prominence by providing advice to CWIL Leadership as they strive toward the continuous improvement of quality education. C WIL's advisory board is compromised of a broad spectrum of powerhouse women! These women work across a wide variety of industries and each have very unique and diverse backgrounds. The goal of our advisory board is to be the example, provide and guide our mission, and goals while making the connection between their resources and our CWIL community.
The Advisory Board has identified four priorities for 2022:
Academic Program Development
Student Organization Development and Engagement
Dr. Margaret Thompson
Dr. Ericka Davis
Myrna White, IAP
Sign up to mentor: Mentors will be composed of professionals who desire to guide students
(mentees) with career goals! Mentors will be selected by the Women in Leadership Program.
Donate: Donate directly to our Women in Leadership Conference of Spring 2023 or to
the Center as a whole!
Present or assist with the Conference: We are always open to help and are currently
looking for presenters for our 2023 Women in Leadership Conference!
Apply to become a WOW! Speaker: Women on Wednesday’s is a monthly seminar of inspirational
and powerful safe space where guest speakers share their journeys with our CWIL community!
Offer a webinar or workshop: Sign up here to be the host of a workshop or webinar
that will educate, inspire, and/or develop or young women!
The current donorship amount of 3,400 A target of 100,000 donorship is progressing well at
Check out some of our previous WOW! (Women on Wednesdays!) speakers! There are always filled with smiles, knowledge, connection, and inspiration!
We are currently gearing up for our Women in Leadership (WIL) Conference which will be held virtually Spring 2023! Check back for more information as the time nears!