Resources for Success
Clayton State University Office of International Programs (OIP)
Call or email for advising appointment
University Center 210 2000 Clayton State Blvd. Morrow, GA 30260-0285
Tel: (678) 466-5499 Fax: (678) 466-5469 RyanPackard@clayton.edu
ISS invites all to follow our international journey through Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you would like us to post something, feel free to let us know!
Life on a university campus in the U.S might seem quite different at first. The American model of university education, also called “higher education”, includes many free resources and services in the cost of your tuition. These are in place to support, inform and develop the total student for success, during studies and well beyond graduation.
We invite you to discover these resources. More information is provided during new international student orientation each semester.
- Academic Advising Professional advisors are assigned by academic major to help you optimize an academic path towards your career goals.
- Bookstore - "The Loch Shop" Your one stop shop for textbooks, course materials, office supplies, backpacks, snacks, and all Clayton State branded merchandise.
- Campus Life Creates opportunities for educational, multicultural, and social experiences that promote student learning, leadership, and civic engagement. View a list of recognized student clubs and organizations, or find out how to start one.
- Career Services Career planning and preparation start long before graduation. This office helps prepare you for the future! Student employment is also based here.
- Center for Academic Success Learning support, tutoring, workshops, study skills, testing, supplemental instruction.
- Counseling Services Need someone to listen? Sexual assault? Drugs or addiction? Personal problem or other crisis?
- Dental Hygiene Clinic Operates a clinic in which Clayton State dental hygiene students treat patients under the supervision of dental hygiene faculty. Reduced fees for services are much less than those at a typical private dental office.
- Dining Services The Lakeside Dining Hall provides 3 meals per day, buffet style with a variety of salads, main entrees, fresh vegetables, and a made to order grill. Dining services also operates a deli/sandwich shop, a personal pizza shop, and coffee bar called "Java Joes". A variety of meal plans are available to suit your needs.
- Disability Resources Have or think you might have a disability? This office can help make Clayton State fully accessible, regardless of your situation.
- Housing and Residence Life Live on campus and get involved! Modern, comfortable options provide furnished lodging with all-inclusive internet, wifi, utilities, 24/7 secure access, convenient parking, if you obtain a car, laundry rooms, and access to dining facilities.
- International Check-in (Required) All new international students receive essential information specific to your status in this 2 hour meeting. It is usually scheduled 1-2 days after new student orientation and provides an opportunity to securely open a free U.S. bank account.
- Library University librarians can help you with any type of research or reference material you need. They can even borrow from other libraries, in print or electronic formats.
- Media and Printing Services (Additional Fees Apply) A full-service, one-stop shop for media and printing needs.
- Student Activities Center (SAC) The hub for student activities, organizations, events, fitness, intramural sports, recreation, and fun. Visit the gym, take Yoga, enjoy the TV lounge, game room of small study rooms. Many student events take place here also in the modern ballrooms.
- Community Standards Educates students on their rights, responsibilities, accountability and courses of action in disciplinary matters.
- Testing Center Offers all standardized tests including TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, COMPASS and many others.
- The HUB (Computer and software support) Technology help desk for all your connectivity, technical, and academic apps related computer problems.
- University Health Services Provides free, basic health services for a variety of common ailments and issues. Note: Please see International Health Insurance for details on chronic, long-term, major illness or emergency care.
- University Orientation (Required for Undergraduates) New and transfer undergraduate students meet your academic advisor and register for your first semester courses, as part of a full program of new student events. Graduate students should contact their program directors or the Graduate School with specific questions.