Skip to Content Skip to Footer


Finishing your degree can be more than just a dream. Apply today to return to Clayton State and make it a reality! The application process is quick and easy. Just follow the steps below to get started!

Who Needs to Reapply?

Readmission is required if you previously were enrolled as an undergraduate student in credit classes at Clayton State University* and:

  • You were not a Move On When Ready/dual enrolled student during your most recent enrollment;
  • You have not enrolled in classes within the last three semesters;
  • You attended any other college or university during your absence;
  • You are a prior transient student seeking another transient term at Clayton State University; and/or
  • You were placed on academic suspension or dismissal during your last semester at Clayton State University. (Suspended or dismissed students also must complete the readmission appeal process.)

*If you are an undergraduate who has never attended credit classes at Clayton State University or if your only prior enrollment was as a Move On When Ready/dual enrolled student, you must apply via the Admissions Office.

If you are a graduate student applying for readmission to the Graduate Studies program, you must complete a Graduate Studies readmission form.

If you do not remember your student ID, you can retrieve it from the ID Lookup.

Required Materials for Readmission

All students seeking undergraduate readmission must submit the following:

  • An application for readmission. The application can be completed in person in the Registrar's Office (Edgewater Hall suite 239) or online via the Online Readmission Application.
  • Verification of lawful presence. Please review the information regarding verification of lawful presence and submit one of the approved documents to the Registrar's Office.
  • ACCUPLACER test scores (if required). If you have credit for Area A1 English (ENGL 1101) and Math (MATH 1101, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1241 or 1501), you are exempt from testing. If you do not have credit for the required courses and it has been more than one year since your last test date, you must retest. Admission will be denied if you fail to meet the minimum score on any of the three areas of the ACCUPLACER. Please review the ACCUPLACER test section of the Testing Center's website for more information.
  • Transcripts (if applicable). A final, official transcript must be submitted from each college or university you attended since your last semester at Clayton State University. Official transcripts must bear the institution's seal and must be delivered to the Registrar's Office in an unopened envelope bearing the institution's name and return address. It is the student's responsibility to obtain his/her own transcript(s).
  • Transient permission form (if applicable). All incoming transient students are required to submit a transient permission form from their home institution.
  • If you are seeking readmission after a suspension or dismissal, you must submit all additional documentation required in the readmission appeal process.

All documents must be received by the application deadline for the semester for which readmission is sought​. Acceptance to Clayton State University cannot be determined until all required documents have been received. After submitting your application, you may log into the SWAN and click on your DUCK account at any time to check your readmission status.

Readmission Application Deadlines

Readmission applications submitted after the published deadline will not be accepted. If you miss the published deadline, you will need to apply for the next available term.

Admit Term Deadline
Fall July 15 Final deadline for Aug. admission
Spring November 15 Final deadline for Jan. admission
Summer April 15 Final deadline for May admission

Next Steps

Upon readmission to Clayton State University, be sure to do the following:

  • Reactivate your SWAN account for access to your student email and DUCK account. If you do not know your user name and/or password, contact The HUB for assistance.
  • Take care of any holds (library fines, parking tickets, outstanding balances, etc.) listed on your DUCK record. Contact the appropriate department(s) to find out how to have your hold(s) removed.
  • Meet with your academic advisor prior to registration. To learn more about advisement and to schedule an appointment with an advisor, please visit the Center for Advising and Retention.
  • Register for classes via the SWAN during designated registration periods.
  • Speak with the Financial Aid Office to discuss funding for the upcoming semester. Since the financial aid process can take eight weeks or longer, you should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as far in advance as possible to ensure that you meet all financial aid deadlines.
  • Speak with the Bursar's Office regarding the payment of your tuition and fees.
  • Obtain a new Laker ID card from the LakerCard Center. (If you already have an ID card with a student number beginning with 900, you do not need a new card.) You must be registered for classes to receive an ID.
  • Obtain a parking decal from the Department of Public Safety. Your ID is required to receive a decal.

Download a printable checklist of the "Next Steps" listed above.