Spring 2023 Semester Closing
Spring 2023 check outs begin May 2-9. All Residents in both Laker Hall and Laker Village must be moved out of their spring assignment by 12pm (noon) on May 9. We encourage all residents to plan their transportation around the dates and times provided as fees will be assessed to those still on campus after 12pm on May 9.
Preparing for Checkout:
- Remove all wall and ceiling decorations, including posters, personal mirrors and memo boards.
- Return and reassemble all university furniture that was in your room upon arrival. All furniture must be returned to its original configuration prior to your check-out. Note that there is a fee charged for missing
- Clean your room thoroughly, remove and properly dispose of all trash and other debris.
Helpful Checkout Tips and Reminders:
- Be sure to complete a Clean-out Agreement with your roommates (these will be placed in the common area of your suite/ apartment for your convenience)
- Be sure to pick up your express check out envelope from the Housing Office or Laker Hall front Desk (this is to return your keys)
- Be sure to keep your Laker ID
Packing and Cleaning Tips
Here are some helpful hints to make the process easier (and to help you avoid improper check-out charges!):
- Start early, and plan ahead: take or send items home that you will not need for the rest of the year. Laker Hall and Laker Village close at 12 Noon on Tuesday, May 10, 2022.
- Boxes: Find boxes to pack your belongings into to make the move easier and faster.
- Trash: Trash should be thrown away by placing trash into the Note that there is a fee for trash removal should any be left behind in your room.
- Food Bank: Donate your non-perishable, unopened food items to the Food Pantry by dropping off donations at the University Housing office in Laker Village.
Experiencing a hardship, but still need housing for Summer term? Email JemillaFlanagan@clayton.edu before May 1, 2023.
Break Housing Information:
The Break Housing request form is now available in the Housing portal under Forms!
Last day to submit request is May 1, 2023 by 12pm
Please keep in mind the you must have all of the following completed to be eligible for Break Housing:
1. Completed Summer 2023 Housing application
2. Paid Break Housing fee in full by 12pm on May 5 (Financial Aid will not cover this expense. MUST be paid out-of-pocket)
Mandatory Housing Closing Meeting:
All Residents must attend at least one Housing Closing meeting via Microsoft Teams. Refer to Housing Newsletter in student email, website and social media pages for registration link.
- DATES TBD???
- DATES TBD???
- DATES TBD???
Personal Property/Liability Insurance
Please be reminded that University Housing is not responsible for any damage to your personal property or that which may be caused to the premises by you or a guest. If you are not already covered under a parent’s homeowner’s policy, you are strongly encouraged to obtain renter’s insurance to protect your personal property and, if necessary, provide emergency accommodations. Renters’ insurance is inexpensive and great protection to have!
Please feel free to contact us at (678) 466-HOME (4663) or Housing@clayton.edu if you have any additional questions.