Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Forms, Policies & Procedures

The list below includes policies and procedures for residents living on-campus.

Housing Policies

University Housing Policy

Freshman Housing Live-On Requirement Policy

Freshman Live-on-Campus-Requirement Exemption Request (policy and on-online submission form)

Damage Fee Schedule

Housing Procedures

Sample Housing Contract

Roommate Contract

Roommate Conflict Tips

Move-in Procedure

Housing Forms

Housing Contract Cancellation Form - Spring 2021

Room Change Request Form

Damage Appeal Form

Guardian-Guarantor Acknowledgement Form


Housing Reservation Information

In order to live in University housing, you must submit a nonrefundable housing contract application (or renewal) fee and contract for the intended term(s) of residence. The application process must be completed online with a credit/debit card through your housing portal.

All contract applications and cancellations (if applicable) and associated fees will be processed in accordance with the following the schedule:

Schedule for Application Submission/Contract Cancellation and Related Fees Contract Entry Term / Submission Date: Contract Application Fee* (nonrefundable) Contract Cancellation Fee (if applicable and based on date of cancellation submission)
Fall Semester By July 1 (priority deadline) $200 $250
After July 1 $300 $500
After First Day of Classes $300 $750
Spring Semester By December 1 (priority deadline) $200 $250
After December 1 $300 $500
After First Day of Classes $300 $750
Summer Term By May 1 (priority deadline) $100 $250
After May 1 $200 $500
After First Day of Classes $200 $750

* Any offered Renewal Discounts will be applied through the contract submission process. Contract cancellations must be submitted via the specified form.

How to Submit a University Housing Contract

  1. Be a newly admitted (received acceptance letter) or continuing student at Clayton State University.
  2. View housing costs for Laker Hall and Laker Village.
  3. Review other Important Fee Payment Information. Complete any required Financial Aid paperwork and advise Financial Aid that you are applying for housing, if applicable.
  4. Complete your housing contract and pay your contract Application fee online through the housing portal. Credit/debit card required. (Visa, Master Card, and Discover only will be accepted.)

Apply Now

(Use your Clayton State login credentials. If you do not see a housing application available to you in the portal, email to request this.)

Note: You must accept the terms of your housing contract and click the "Submit" button on your Housing Application page in order for a room to be assigned. Room assignments generally will be available two-three weeks prior to the published housing move-in date(s).