Skip to Content Skip to Footer
FAQs banner


Frequently Asked Questions

Application &Admissions FAQs

Yes, we offer campus tours. Schedule a tour of our campus today!

We encourage students to apply by the priority deadline for their term of interest.

  • To begin classes in Fall, complete your application by July 15.
  • To begin classes in Spring, complete your application by November 15.
  • To begin classes in Summer, complete your application by April 15.

Learn more about our application deadlines and the benefits of applying early.

We prefer you to submit an online application. 

Apply online

Yes, please see the fee waiver policy below for the conditions for each fee waiver type.

College Board (SAT) Waivers

  • Students must print the fee waiver from College Board’s website
  • Sign the Fee Waiver
  • Forward the original Fee Waiver with completed paper application
  • Submit to the Office of Recruitment & Admissions

ACT and NACAC Fee Waivers (Counselor or Administrator submission only)

  • Must be the original fee waiver (no copies will be accepted)
  • A completed application for admission must accompany the waiver
  • An official high school transcript must accompany the waiver
  • Test scores must be received by Clayton State, or submit proof that the student has taken the test
  • Must meet Clayton State’s admission criteria
  • Must be submitted by high school counselor or administrator only

TRiO Fee Waivers

  • Must be the original fee waiver (No copies will be accepted)
  • A completed application paper for admission must accompany the waiver admissions application PDF
  • Official college school and/or high school transcript must accompany the waiver
  • Test scores (if applicable) must be received by Clayton State, or submit proof that the student has taken the test
  • Must meet Clayton States admission criteria
  • Must be signed by TRiO administrator only


Students often pay the application fee when they apply online. If you did not pay the fee when you submitted your application, check your application status. If you have "Application Fee Waiver" listed as a missing item, submit your waiver by the deadline or pay the application fee here.

Immunization requirements can be found on our University Health Services webpage.

A Physician, qualified medical provider or Health Department official will need to complete/transfer your immunization record onto Clayton State Immunization Form. If you do not have a medical provider, our University Health Services provides immunization services at a fee.

If you have not done so already, submit a Verification of Lawful Presence Form.

For more info, feel free contact the Office of Admissions at (678) 466-4115.

Transcripts must be sent directly from the sending institutions to Clayton State University.

You may send electronic official transcripts to via

eSCRIP (for students with existing eSCRIP accounts)

You may mail or deliver your official transcripts to:

Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Edgewater Hall, Suite 150
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260-0285

NOTE: International credentials must submit all official transcripts from your high school and/or all post-secondary records. All transcripts must be in English; if not in English, they must be translated by a certified company. Please submit the certified translations along with your original official transcripts in the indigenous language.

Academics, Financial Aid, Housing, New Student Orientation, Public Safety, Parking, and Testing FAQs

Yes, the University Honors Program accepts first-year and transfer students and offers an enriched college experience through special Honors courses and community service. The application for the Honors Program is separate from the application to the University. You must apply for admission to Clayton State University before or at the same time that you apply for the Honors Program.

A typical size of a freshmen class will probably remind you a lot of your high school classes. We have very few lecture-style classrooms with hundreds of students. The typical class size is approximately 23. Over 79 percent of our faculty holds a doctorate or terminal degree in their field of study.

Clayton State requires all students to have access to a laptop computer per the ITP guidelines. Please see the ITP choice website for our laptop requirements.

Yes, Clayton State University offers graduate level programs. For more please visit the School of Graduate Studies.

Most classes are offered day and evening; however there are online and weekend classes. You will need to check the course schedule for a schedule of the classes.

You can complete the FAFSA online. Clayton State University’s school code is 008976.View more Financial Aid information.

No. HOPE Grant and HOPE Scholarship will pay 90 percent of the tuition regardless of the number of hours a student is enrolled, with the Zell Miller Scholarship paying 100 percent of tuition regardless of the number of hours enrolled. The Pell Grant and other federal grants will be prorated according to Department of Education’s calculation if a student is less than full-time. Student loan eligibility mandates that a student be enrolled for at least half-time (six semester hours). View more Financial Aid information.

Yes, loans are a form of financial aid. You must complete the FAFSA and go through the regular application process. You should indicate on the FAFSA that you are interested in loans. Notification of your eligibility for loans will be on your award letter. You must complete the online loan acceptance form after you are awarded if you decide to accept a loan. However, you must be enrolled in at least six hours for an undergraduate student to be eligible for a student loan and at least five hours for a graduate.

A student's dependency status is determined by questions in the Student Portion of the FAFSA Form. It does not matter if you live with your parents, if you claimed yourself on your tax returns, or if you pay your own bills. You must meet certain criteria to be declared an independent student for the purposes of the FAFSA. View more Financial Aid information

You can check the status of your financial aid by using the DUCK. Go to The SWAN. Click on the DUCK icon. Log on using your User Name and Password.

If you have difficulty with your log-on, submit a tech help request at HUB webpage or e-mail, or call (678) 466-4357. Your password cannot be changed by an email or phone request. To have your password changed or reset, you must go to the HUB and show a picture ID.

Yes, one way to really get to know Clayton State and ease into life as a Laker is by living on campus in our residence hall or apartments. Laker Hall offers suite-style living for undergraduates, particularly freshman. Laker Village offers apartment-style accommodations for upperclassman and graduate students.

All first-time and transferring * freshman students (who have earned less than 30 credit hours) are required to live on-campus in Laker Hall for the fall and spring semesters. Learn more about freshman housing policies.

Through the years, studies have shown that students who begin their college career in the residence halls have an easier time making the social and academic transition from high school to college. This is because our residence halls provide services, leadership opportunities, and programs specifically designed for undergraduate students.

For more info about on-campus housing options, requirements, and move-in dates, contact University Housing and Residence Life.

Once you've registered for orientation, check out Orientation FAQs for a list of answers to some commonly asked questions we've received about orientation.

Any student may have a car on campus, but you must get a permit from the Public Safety Office located on the second floor in Edgewater Hall.

Clayton State is located in Morrow, Georgia about 20 minutes south of Atlanta. Take exit 233 off I-75 or exit 5 off of I-675 and follow the signs. Once on the campus, follow the signs directing you to the Admissions Office. We are located in the lower level of Edgewater Hall, Suite 150. Visitor parking is available in Lot G: Parking Map.

Our department of public safety is taking a proactive approach to providing for the safety and security of the campus community, the Public Safety Department has developed the Campus Alert/Watch program; information about the crime trends that may pose a threat to the community, general safety and crime prevention techniques are distributed via email, through "Campus Alert" and "Campus Watch" posters to the campus community.

Clayton State's Testing Center offers various formats of standardized testing, including college entrance exams such as the SAT. Visit the Testing Center site to learn more.

If you have been asked to take the ACCUPLACER or other placement tests for admission consideration, please contact the Testing Center at (678) 466-4495 or for more information.