Welcome, New Lakers! You have attended Orientation and registered for classes. Now, become an informed and engaged member of Laker Nation.
Get familiar with campus and student support services. Learn to navigate the school website. Stay up-to-date with campus events and deadlines. Find your peers and get involved around campus.
1. Get Familiar, Get Ahead!
Navigating a new website can be challenging at first. Luckily, there's a student-dedicated page that provides a comprehensive view of all the apps and links you'll need. No matter where you are on the school website, the "Students" page (https://www.clayton.edu/students) will always be in the top right corner. Use it to easily and quickly:
- find the University Calendar to keep up with events on campus.
- monitor important deadlines for course registration and tuition/fee payment.
- access the SWAN for featured apps and links.
- reach out to the HUB, the library, and the many other support services here to help you succeed.
Get acquainted with the SWAN, Clayton State's hub for featured apps and links you'll use every day as a Laker, including:
- Account Manager, which is used to activate your student account and change your password
- Digital University Campus Kiosk (DUCK), Clayton State's Banner Web portal where you will manage everything for your student account from registering for courses, updating your contact info, to managing your financial aid awards, and paying your tuition and fees each semester.
- Email (Outlook), where you'll receive all of your school-related messages. Start checking your inbox regularly as soon as possible.
- Desire2Learn Online Classroom aka (D2L), where you'll monitor assignments for your current classes and access your course syllabi.
- Class Schedule, where you can view current and upcoming course offerings at Clayton State each semester.
- RollCall, where you'll manage your attendance for in-person courses.
College classes can be tough. Ensure your success with Clayton State's academic resources. Stay on top of your grades with the GPA Calculator. Keep up with course offerings.
Be proactive and visit offices, such as the Center for Academic Success, the Writer's Studio, and the Center for Advising and Retention, each semester.
Investing in your education is how you will make that dream of yours a reality. As you learn more about the cost of attendance, keep in mind the differences between tuition and financial aid.
Tuition & Costs
The Bursar’s Office can answers questions about tuition & fee rates, billing, account balances, and refunds. Another way Clayton State supports our students’ dreams is through access to a tuition payment plan. Contact the Bursar's Office for more information.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
To help mitigate costs, students can apply for aid based on merit or need. Visit the Office of Financial Aid for information about applying for and receiving financial aid, such as scholarships, loans, and grants.
Campus Life & Career Services
There's more to college than assignments and deadlines. Get the most out of your Clayton State experience. Make connections with peers by joining a student organization or volunteering. Gain career insight and work experience through mentorships, internships, and workshops.
After a day of classes are over, there’s nothing better than coming to a place where you can study, socialize, or rest up from the day. Clayton State offers fully furnished residence halls with suite-style rooms to create your personal home away from home.
Learn more about University Housing.
As a Clayton State Laker you can:
- pickup your Laker Card from Auxiliary Services.
- set up an on-campus dining plan with Dining Services.
- purchase Clayton State swag, textbooks, and other supplies from the Loch Shop.
- acquire a parking decal from Public Safety.
- get help with account activation and other common technological issues from the HUB.
Getting Around Campus
have your class schedule, map your route around campus to make sure you're on time for your first day of classes.
2. Explore YOUR Community.
Find Your Fit
Review and join student and community organizations. Now is the time to find your fit. What clubs and hobbies do you want to join? Surround yourself with the people and activities that will help you to grow into your best self.
- Use the links on the Students page to follow the campus groups and offices you’re interested in.
- See what’s happening nearby – Clayton State is located in Morrow and closely tied with Lake City, Forest Park, and Atlanta. See what’s happening nearby and get involved.
- Connect with university groups and departments at events or on social media.
3. Connect, Engage, and Loch In!
- One thing you'll learn about being a Laker is that we love our orange and blue. Grab your Laker Nation swag from the Loch Shop.
- Use the University Calendar to plan your social activities, and attend at least one campus event this semester.
- Explore campus life and career opportunities:
- Looking for mentorship? Consider the Laker Link Program or Clayton State student groups like Laker Orientation Leaders and Laker Navigators.
- Be the change you want to see. Take on leadership opportunities with groups such as Student Government Association and the National Society for Leadership and Success.