New Student Checklist
Take the next steps to complete the admissions process with this quick checklist.
Activate and set up your Clayton State Student Account
When you apply to Clayton State, you're given a student account with a Loch ID (alphanumeric username, such as jsmith1) and Laker ID (9-digit number).
Your account is more than your student email address. It is your key to accessing
campus resources, including the Digital University Campus Kiosk (DUCK), where you'll
check your admissions application status, register for classes, manage your financial
aid file, and pay for tuition.
Activate Your Account
- Head to Account Manager with your:
Loch ID: (alpha numeric username, such as jsmith1)
Laker ID: (9-digit number)
Don't know your Loch ID or Laker ID?
Email - Applicants receive an activation email with their student account information.
Text - If you provided your mobile phone number on your application, you can also retrieve your Loch ID and Laker ID by texting the word "ID" to (678) 466-6038.
- Select Activate Account.
- Enter your Loch ID, Laker ID, and birthday.
- Select proceed.
- Create a new password and add security questions.
Setup Your Account
- Head over to the SWAN to:
- Sign in to the Digital University Campus Kiosk (DUCK) and update your contact information.
- Sign in to your student Email (Outlook), and set up your preferences in Outlook settings.
- Head over to the HUB's website to learn about how multi-factor authentication (MFA) keeps you safe, and download the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Register for New Student Orientation
Get acquainted with the campus during New Student Orientation. This mandatory event will get you familiar with all the services and resources available at Clayton State. You’ll also get a chance to:
- meet students and faculty
- register for classes
- pick up your Laker ID card and parking decal
- get your questions answered about course registration, financial aid, and much more!
Get Your LakerCard
The LakerCard is your student ID for Clayton State. You can also use your LakerCard for spending at vending machines and SmartPrint by depositing funds to your LakerBucks account.
Upload your photo to get started:
Log in using your Loch ID and network password.
Coming Summer 2023: The LakerCard Center on the Morrow Campus will be moving from its location in the University Center to the Loch Shop in Edgewater Hall.
Resolve any remaining holds listed on your account in the DUCK. For example:
- Submit your final Official Transcripts in-person, by mail, or electronically.
- You may mail or deliver your transcripts to:
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Edgewater Hall, Suite 150
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260-0285
- If your previous school(s), college(s), or universities offer this service, they can
submit your official transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If not, we currently accept electronic transcripts from E-Transcript providers such
- GEORGIA RESIDENTS - Submit your Verification of Lawful Presence (VOLP) to the Office of Admissions. You can email your document to email@example.com or deliver it in person to our physical address in Edgewater Hall. Your VOLP document is used to determine your classification for in-state or out-of-state tuition.
- Submit your Certificate of Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Form to University Health Services via the Patient Portal.
Complete your financial aid file (Submit FAFSA, Check Financial Aid status, etc.)
Students seeking federal financial aid, as well as a number of state financial aid programs including HOPE, must complete their Financial Aid file.
- Begin by submitting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This can be done electronically online, or with the paper form by mail.
For further assistance, please refer to the Clayton State Financial Aid website to meet with a financial aid counselor.
Apply for Housing (REQUIRED for freshman students)
We offer two options for students in need of comfortable, affordable on-campus housing.
Laker Hall is our freshman residence, which features a lounge, pool, and fully-furnished
rooms. Laker Village houses undergraduate students in apartment-style accommodations.
Find the comforts of home in our University Housing.
All first-time and transferring * freshman students (registering for 12 credit hours or more) are required to live on-campus in Laker Hall for the fall and spring semesters, unless qualified for an exemption.
All degree-seeking students must attend/complete an orientation session to register for classes. If you miss your session, you'll need to reregister for a new one.
Pay tuition and fees.
After registering for your classes, confirm your enrollment by paying your tuition and fees in the DUCK. Visit the Bursar's website to
- get information about current tuition and fee rates and instructions on how to pay your account balance.
- use the tuition calculator to estimate how much you'll owe each semester.
- learn more about payment options, including the Nelnet Payment Plans.
Get Loch'd In
Become an informed and engaged member of the Laker Nation family.
Before classes begin, get familiar with campus and student support services. Learn to navigate the school website. Stay up-to-date with campus events and deadlines. Find your peers, and get involved around campus.
Need Help Logging In?
For additional assistance with account activation and logging in, more information can be found in Knowledge Base. You can also email our technology help desk, the HUB, or call (678) 466-4357. NOTE: Your password cannot be changed by an email or phone request. To have your password changed or reset, you must go to the HUB (located in the James M. Baker University Center) and show a picture ID.