VA Advance Payment
Advance Payment provides students with benefit payments at the beginning of a school term by paying the student’s monthly benefit for the first and second month of the semester in advance. The first month will only pay from the start date through the end of the month.
REQUIREMENTS for Advance Payments
- Students must be eligible for the following benefit types:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 32: VEAP
- Chapter 35: Spouse/Dependents Education Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®-Reserves
- And Students must have at least 31 days break since the last time student received VA Education Benefits
- And Students must be enrolled at least ½-time in required courses.
- And Students must request advance pay at least 45 days, so that VA can receive the request at least 30 days but not more than 120 days before the enrollment period begins.
PROCESS FOR ADVANCE PAYMENT
- Be Sure You Meet the Requirements Listed Above.
- Complete and submit the Advance Payment Request Form at least 45 days, but not more than 120 days before the enrollment period begins.
All Documents above can be submitted by any of the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 678-466-4189
- Mail: 2000 Clayton State Blvd Edgewater Hall, Room 102 Morrow, GA 30260
- In-Office: Please submit to the Front Representative in the Office of Financial Aid (Edgewater Hall, Room 102)