VA Advance Payment
Advance Payment provides students with benefit payments at the beginning of a school term by paying the student’s monthly benefit for the first and second month of the semester in advance. The first month will only pay from the start date through the end of the month.
Requirements for Advance Payments
- Request is at least 45 days prior to the first fee payment deadline, so that VA can receive the request at least 30 days but not more than 120 days before the published tuition and fee deadline (Students must be registered for the upcoming term prior to request)
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time (in courses that are required for the completion of your degree program)
- Student must have more than a 31-day break between semesters, with no payment for the break.
- Eligible and receiving at least one of the following benefit types:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®-Active
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®-Selective Reserve
- Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance
Process for for Advance Payments
- Step 1: Review the requirements above. If you believe that you qualify, please proceed to the next step.
- Step 2: Complete the Advance Payment Request Form at least 40 days, but not more than 120 days before the published tuition and fee deadline. Students must be registered for the upcoming term prior to submitting the request.
- Step 3: Forward a saved copy of the completed Advanced Payment Request form to the Veterans Affairs email.