Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty
- Served at least 2 years of Active Duty; while active, service member opted to pay $1200 contribution
- Entitlement is generally 36 months of full-time benefit payments.
- Benefits can be used up to 10 years from the last release from active duty
In order to calculate your benefits, please feel free to use the GI Bill® Comparison Tool.
This benefit does not pay for tuition and fee charges. Payment for tuition and fees are expected by the payment deadline. **Tuition Assistance through GoArmyEd is determined by the Education Liaison Representative for your unit and the approval documentation is submitted to the Bursar's Office at Clayton State University. The Veterans Affairs Coordinator does not process the Tuition Assistance program through GoArmyEd.
This benefit includes a monthly stipend based on the number of year’s obligation and the number of credit hours certified per term.
Rates are subject to change annually. The rate change is usually effective October 1st of each year.
Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty (MGIB-AD): Rates effective October 1, 2022
|MGIB + 600 Buy Up||3 or more years obligation||Less than 3 years obligation|
|Less than ½ Time, but more than ¼ Time||One-time payment during the term of MGIB+$75 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)||One-time payment during the term of $1105 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)||One-time payment during the term of $896.50 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)|
|¼ Time or less||One-time payment during the term of MGIB+$37.50 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)||One-time payment during the term of $552.50 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)||One-time payment during the term of $448.25 or Tuition & Fees (whichever amount is less)|
If you have an education kicker contract, please submit so that your monthly rate is calculated appropriately.
Payments are based on the previous month’s enrollment. Since the Department of Veterans Affairs no longer pays for break pay, benefits for courses out applies when courses are in session. Consider this when taking courses with different beginning and ending dates.
Changes to eligibility, enrollment, schedule, attendance, programs of study and such like can affect your VA Educational Benefits.
Changes to Degree program:
- After the change in degree program is approved by the Department, please submit a VA Form 22-1995
- If the change in the degree program is effective during the current term, please be sure that your current courses are required for the new degree program. If not, your enrollment certification has to be adjusted.
- If the change in degree program is effective the next term, please be sure to register for classes that pertain to the new degree program.
- Consider the remaining eligibility time and determine if you will be able to complete the program in the remaining time.
If you have any further questions or concerns about eligibility or payments, please feel free to contact the Veterans Affairs Processing Center at 1-888-442-4551
View instructions on How to Receive VA Education Benefits at Clayton State University