Skip to Content Skip to Footer

University Housing Accommodations

Students in university housing.

Housing Accommodation Request Procedure

Clayton State University provides support services and reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities residing in university housing who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. The university strives to address functional limitations by making reasonable accommodations for each qualifying disability.

A Disability Resource Center (DRC) professional will review all requests on a case-by-case basis and, together with the Office of University Housing and Residence Life, make recommendations for reasonable accommodations. When reviewing requests for housing accommodations the following factors will be considered: severity of the disability, timing of the request, and availability. Students whose disabilities are substantially limiting to a major life activity must provide detailed medical documentation to show that the condition(s) qualifies as a disability. Students with disabilities seeking accommodations for housing must register with the Disability Resource Center by completing an Intake Packet and uploading supporting documentation. Students should have their medical care provider complete the appropriate medical provider form located on the Documentation Criteria webpage or in the DRC office and supply appropriate medical documentation as early as possible. Generally, it takes approximately 5-10 business days after submitting documentation to complete the entire registration process with the DRC. This includes not only review of disability documentation, but also scheduling and attending an intake meeting with a DRC professional once the documentation has been approved. This process may take longer if documentation does not meet the stated guidelines and additional information is needed.

To request housing accommodations, students must register with the DRC and upload the following:

  • Completed Intake Packet to the Disability Resource Center
  • Medical documentation as specified by the Documentation Criteria to the Disability Resource Center (Requests for accommodations due to disability and disability documentation remain confidential)

In order to live in University Housing, students must also complete a Housing Application in the online portal according to the deadlines listed on the Housing Website

Once students have completed the process above and have been approved for housing accommodations, they must submit a Housing Accommodation Renewal Form to the DRC by the housing application deadline for FALL semester in which the accommodations are needed for the upcoming school year. Any requests to change a student’s disability-related housing accommodations must be submitted and approved through the DRC using the Accommodation Review Form. Requests for accommodation changes may require updated medical documentation.

For questions or additional information please contact the following:

Disability Resource Center

(678) 466-5445

Fax: (678) 466-5467 (i.e. disability documentation requirements, other disability-related information)

University Housing and Residence Life

(678) 466-HOME (4663)

Fax: (678) 466-5469 (i.e. housing application, general information)