Online Writers’ Studio
Virtual/Online Chat Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio offers virtual writing consultations through Microsoft Teams:
- Online consultations are one-on-one, 60-minute sessions, the same length as in-person sessions.
- Students upload their paper to the session and review their work together with a writing consultant on Microsoft Word Online.
- Online chat consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- A laptop or tablet with working audio is required.
- Drop-ins and appointments are welcome.
- Instructions on scheduling online chat consultations on SSC Navigate can be found on the Studio’s website.
Email Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio also offers email consultations through students’ CSU email accounts:
- Email consultations provide students with 1) a feedback letter addressing major elements of a student’s paper, and 2) a brief video summarizing the feedback.
- Feedback is provided within 24-48 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
- Email consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Email consultations are appointments that may be scheduled two hours in advance.
- Instructions on scheduling email consultations on SSC Navigate can be found on the Studio’s website.
How to Schedule an Email or Online Chat Writing Consultation
- With your CSU username and password, access the appointment calendar.
NOTE: Login with CSU credentials is required.
- In the “Select Service” section at the top of the screen, select either “Online ChatConsultation” or “Email Consultation.”
- In the “Select Time” section, select both a date and a time.
- Then, in the “Add your details” section, provide your basic contact information.
- In the “Notes” box, there is an option to let the consultant know if there is a particular area you want specific advice on. Inputting information in the comment box is not required but is there in the case that you do want specified help.
- Click the blue Book button to complete booking your appointment.