Virtual Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio offers virtual writing consultations through Microsoft Teams:
- Online consultations are 30-minute or 60-minute one-on-one sessions.
- Students upload their paper to the chat and review their work together with a writing consultant on Microsoft Word.
- Virtual consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Schedule an appointment here.
Email Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio also offers email consultations through students’ CSU email accounts:
- Email consultations provide students with feedback on the assignment the student sends. The feedback can come in a variety of styles, including: a separate letter, comments on the document itself, or given in the email body.
- Feedback is provided within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
- Email consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Email consultations are appointments that may be scheduled two hours in advance.
- You can schedule an email consultation here.
How to Schedule an In-Person, Email, or Virtual Writing Consultation
1. Click here to go to Bookings.
2. You will see at the top of your page the “Select service” section. Choose what type of consultation you would like.
3. From there, you will select a day. Then you will either select “Anyone” to get a random consultant or you can click the drop-down menu to select a specific available consultant.
4. From the “Who do you want to meet with?” drop-down menu, either select “Anyone” to view the entire team’s availability or select a specific consultant.
5. Once you select a time, you will scroll down to the “Add your details” section, where you will input your name, phone number, and student email. You can also add any additional information in the “Notes” section.
6. Scrolling further, you will see the “Provide additional information” section where you will input the class the appointment is for and your student email once again.
NOTE: If you are booking an appointment not for a specific CSU class, like in the case where you are reviewing an application essay, please place what the consultation is for in the class info space. For example, if you want a graduate school essay looked over, you will type “Application Essay” where you would normally type your class.
You have now successfully scheduled a writing consultation at The Writers’ Studio!