Online Writers' Studio
Virtual Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio offers virtual writing consultations through Microsoft Teams:
- Online consultations are one-on-one, 60-minute sessions, the same length as in-person sessions.
- Students upload their paper to the session and review their work together with a writing consultant on Microsoft Word Online.
- Virtual consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- A laptop or tablet with working audio is required.
- Drop-ins and appointments are welcome.
- Instructions on scheduling virtual consultations on TargetX can be found on the Studio’s website.
Email Writing Consultations
The Writers’ Studio also offers email consultations through students’ CSU email accounts:
- Email consultations provide students with 1) a feedback letter addressing major elements of a student’s paper, and 2) a brief video summarizing the feedback.
- Feedback is provided within 24-48 hours of the scheduled appointment time.
- Email consultations are available on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
- Email consultations are appointments that may be scheduled two hours in advance.
- Instructions on scheduling email consultations on TargetX can be found on the Studio’s website.
How to Schedule an In-Person, Email, or Virtual Writing Consultation
1. Log in to the Appointment Scheduler on TargetX.
NOTE: First-time visitors need to click “Sign Up” to set up a TargetX password.
2. From the “What is the purpose of the appointment” drop-down menu, select the course for which you are seeking writing assistance.
3. From the “Where would you like to meet” drop-down menu, select the location where you would like to meet your consultant.
4. From the “Who do you want to meet with?” drop-down menu, either select “Anyone” to view the entire team’s availability or select a specific consultant.
5. From the monthly calendar, select the date on which you wish to meet.
6. From the “Pick an available time below” window, select a time when you wish to meet your consultant.
7. Optional: Click the “Is there anything else we should know about this appointment before we meet?” menu to add notes for your consultant.
8. Next, click on the blue button titled “Confirm.”
You have now successfully scheduled a writing consultation at The Writers’ Studio!