Contact Us on Microsoft Teams
Front Desk Assistants are also available on Microsoft Teams during our operating hours.
The Writers' Studio is a space where you can share ideas and receive help with your writing assignments. You will immediately feel welcome. Gather around a table in-person or meet virtually to discuss your writing issues and a peer writing consultant who has been university trained in writing response will talk with you one-on-one at any stage of your writing, about any aspect of it, regarding any subject you’re addressing. The peer consultant will help you with developing an idea, developing a thesis statement, organizing your thoughts, or you might need help understanding your assignment. No problem is too big or small.
The focus of the sessions is on revision, so you must put in the effort first, but in the Writers' Studio, the peer consultant will partner with you to make sure your finished product is something of which you can be proud. We don’t simply edit or proofread your paper; we help you become a more organized, resourceful, exacting, and accomplished writer.
How to Schedule an In-Person, Email, or Virtual Writing Consultation
1. Log in to the Appointment Scheduler on TargetX.
NOTE: First-time visitors need to click “Sign Up” to set up a TargetX password.
2. From the “What is the purpose of the appointment” drop-down menu, select the course for which you are seeking writing assistance.
3. From the “Where would you like to meet” drop-down menu, select the location where you would like to meet your consultant.
4. From the “Who do you want to meet with?” drop-down menu, either select “Anyone” to view the entire team’s availability or select a specific consultant.
5. From the monthly calendar, select the date on which you wish to meet.
6. From the “Pick an available time below” window, select a time when you wish to meet your consultant.
7. Optional: Click the “Is there anything else we should know about this appointment before we meet?” menu to add notes for your consultant.
8. Next, click on the blue button titled “Confirm.”
You have now successfully scheduled a writing consultation at The Writers’ Studio!
Fall 2021 Hours
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Location: Arts and Sciences Building, Room 224
Phone: (678) 466-4728