Out of State Waiver
Fall Enrollment Only
Clayton State University values diversity in its broadcast sense such as wishes to attract out-of-state students to further add geographic, academic, and personal diversity that out-of-state students bring. Therefore, each fall semester the university offers a limited number of out-of-state tuition waivers to academically outstanding freshman and transfer students. These waivers offer in-state tuition rates to our out-of-state students as an incentive to attend. To be considered, applicants must:
- Apply and be admitted
- Meet the minimum criteria listed below. Decisions are made with a holistic perspective based on submitted materials.
- Not be a resident of Georgia
Minimum Criteria for Consideration:
- Written Statement of at least one full page, but no more than two pages detailing why you wish to attend Clayton State University and what you wish to accomplish with your college education.
- Listing of activities, honors/awards, community service, student leadership and work experience.
- Must have been admitted to Clayton State University by the Out-Of-State Fee Waiver application deadline of July 15.
- High School GPA must be 3.25 in college preparatory courses
- SAT 1000 (minimum 400 math, 430 critical reading) or ACT (minimum 22 composite, 17 math, 17 English)
Awards for freshman applicants are granted for up to four years or the completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first. Awardees must maintain a minimum 2.50 institutional GPA calculated at the end of each spring semester to continue receiving the waiver. Also note that all first year freshmen are required to live on campus. Learn more about the freshman live on campus requirement.
- Transfer GPA 2.68 on all complete and attempted coursework.
Awards for transfer applicants are for two years or the completion of a bachelor’s degree whichever comes first. Awardees must maintain a minimum 2.50 institutional GPA calculated at the end of each spring semester to continue receiving the waiver.
Deadline: July 15
For more information regarding out-of-state waivers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients of the out of state tuition waiver must be lawfully present in the United States. Additional information regarding lawful presence.
New Student Out-Of-State Tuition Waiver Application
*Attempted course work (work in progress) will be considered when final college transcript is received if the decision was not based on the final transcript.