Clayton State Office of the President
At Clayton State University, the beauty of our surroundings provides an exceptional environment for your learning. As you explore our community, you will discover the unrivaled strengths of our faculty and staff, their shared commitment to our role as stewards of place—an engaged university focused on learning and enriched by active community involvement. Together with you, the students we are dedicated to serving, we make dreams possible.
A Reputation of Excellence
Clayton State is a young university. We first opened our doors in 1969, 53 years ago, and have since become one of Georgia’s premier public universities.
- # 36 Top Performers on Social Mobility, U.S. News and World Report, 2021
- Top 133 best regional universities in the south, 2020
- Top 62 public colleges and universities in the south, U.S. News and World Report, 2020
- #22 Top Large Workplaces, Atlanta Journal-Constitution, 2020
- #34 among the nation's four-year public universities for graduating the highest percentages of students who complete their degree in their fifth or sixth year, Chronicle of Higher Education, 2020