Tips for Funding Your Education
- Plan ahead
- Secure sufficient funds PRIOR to your arrival to the U.S.
- Be aware that your I-20 and Visa were granted in part on information you provided
in your financial verification form, documenting the necessary funding to study in
- Keep in mind any government imposed restrictions on the release of funds from your
country and the amount of time needed to transfer money to the U.S.
- Contact your government about educational funding sources /scholarships for study
- Contact a EducationUSA Advising Center in your country
- Search the Internet for possible funding sources. Some useful Web sites:
General Information on Financial Resources
Private or Government Scholarship Programs