Information and Policies
A Message from the Director:
Welcome to the Clayton State University Center for Academic Success, where academic achievement is made real!
Our center offers an inclusive, family-like learning environment that fosters respect and provides assistance to learners of all abilities and backgrounds.
Here, every individual seeking assistance will find free drop-in and scheduled tutoring services, peer-led supplemental instruction, academic coaching, and many other services that provide skills and strategies to help you excel.
Please take few minutes to look over the resources and testimonials on our website. If you have any questions, or if you would like to follow-up with a CAS staff member, stop by our office, call us, or send an email. Get started today!
Stop by to learn more. We’re conveniently located in Edgewater Hall, just beyond public safety.
We’re eager to hear from you and happy to discover new ways to help you achieve your dreams.
Jada M. Mitchell Director, Center for Academic Success JadaMitchell@clayton.edu (678) 466-4070
A place where academic success is not an option – it’s an inevitability.
Fostering engaging experiences in a personalized, supportive learning environment.
In 1988, the Learning Center was established at Clayton State College to provide academic support services to students. In 1996, the institution was renamed Clayton College and State University. In 2002, the Center merged with the Department of Learning Support and was named the Center for Academic Assistance (CAA). In 2005, the institution was again renamed as Clayton State University. In an effort to de-stigmatize academic support services and an attempt to serve a greater number of students, the Center for Academic Assistance became the Center for Academic Success (CAS) in April 2006. Along with the new name, the center adopted the motto “Helping all Clayton State students reach their academic potential”. Today, the CAS works with over one-third of the Clayton State University students.
The CAS is located on the second floor of Edgewater Hall in Suite 276.
Programs and Services offered in the CAS
- Personalized one-on-one peer tutoring in a variety of subjects.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI), moderated study groups, and informal study sessions.
- Academic success workshops on a variety of topics.
- Access to multimedia instructional materials appropriate for a variety of disciplines and learning styles.
- Computerized skill-building resources
- A comfortable study environment conducive to learning
- Academic coaching
CAS Student Policies
- All students must sign in and out at the front desk.
- Silence all electronic devices. If a call must be taken, please leave the center before answering the call.
- Student computers are for academic purposes only – no personal email or Internet use.
- Children are not allowed in the center.
- Be respectful and courteous toward peers and staff.
- No outside food is allowed in the Center.
- Drinks with secured caps or lids are allowed.