Finishing your degree can be more than just a dream. Apply today to return to Clayton State and make it a reality! The application process is quick and easy. Just follow the steps below to get started!
Who Needs to Reapply?
Readmission is required if you previously were enrolled as an undergraduate student in credit classes at Clayton State University* AND:
- You were not a Move On When Ready/dual enrolled student during your most recent enrollment;
- You have not enrolled in classes within the last three semesters;
- You attended any other college or university during your absence;
- You are a prior transient student seeking another transient term at Clayton State University; and/or
- You were placed on academic suspension or dismissal during your last semester at Clayton State University.
*Complete a new student application if you are an undergraduate student who has never attended Clayton State. Former Move On When Ready and Dual Enrollment students should also submit a new student application.
*Complete a Graduate Studies readmission form, if you are a graduate student applying for readmission to the Graduate Studies program.
Traditional Readmit Admission Requirements
All documents must be received by the application deadline for the semester for which readmission is sought. Acceptance to Clayton State University cannot be determined until all required documents have been received. After submitting your application, you log into your student account (DUCK account) at any time to check your readmission status.
To complete an application for readmission, submit the Online Readmission Application online.
Please review the information regarding verification of lawful presence and submit one of the approved documents to the Admissions Office.
Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university you attended since your last semester at Clayton State University.
Official transcripts must have the institution’s seal and must be presented in an unopened official envelope from the sending institution.
Submit an official transcript
We can accept your transcripts in-person, by mail, or electronically.
You may mail or deliver your transcripts to:Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Edgewater Hall, Suite 150
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260-0285
We currently accept electronic transcripts from E-Transcript providers such as:
If your previous school(s), college(s), or universities offer this service, submit official transcripts to:email@example.com.
If you have credit for Area A1 English (ENGL 1101) and Math (MATH 1101, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1241 or 1501), you are exempt from testing. If you do not have credit for the required courses and it has been more than one year since your last test date, you must retest. Admission will be denied if you fail to meet the minimum score on any of the three areas of the ACCUPLACER. Please review the ACCUPLACER test section of the Testing Center's website for more information.
Students seeking readmission to Clayton State after an academic suspension or dismissal must complete the admission requirements for traditional readmission and the appeal process by 30 days from the start of term.
Appeals will be considered only if you sat out from Clayton State University for the required length of time. Students on academic suspension must sit out one semester. Students on academic dismissal must sit out one year (3 semesters).
Once the suspension/dismissal period has elapsed, you must complete the following:
- Complete the admission requirements listed for traditional readmission students (see top of page).
- Complete the Readmission Appeal Form.
- Compose an appeal letter according to the directions found on the Readmission Appeal Form .
- Upload any supporting documentation you may have to the Appeal Form. If applicable, you may include letters from faculty, advisors, or others who may be able to provide information to support your appeal. Attach all documentation to your appeal form.
Once you have submitted all required documentation, your appeal will be reviewed by the Readmission Appeal Committee. The committee considers all the information you provide and examines your academic history from Clayton State and any other colleges/universities you have attended. If you currently are enrolled at another school, the appeal committee must receive a final, official transcript from that institution before a decision can be reached.
The decision of the committee will be communicated to you in a letter mailed to the address you provide on your readmission appeal form. The decision of the committee is considered final.
- Priority* Deadline - July 15
- Regular Deadline - Aug. 1
- Final Document Deadline - Aug. 10
- Priority* Deadline - November 15
- Regular Deadline - Dec. 1
- Final Document Deadline - Dec. 10
- Priority* Deadline - April 15
- Regular Deadline - May 1
- Final Document Deadline - May 10
Applying by the priority deadline offers several key advantages for students:
- Applying early ensures timely decision notifications, providing more time to plan and reducing the stress associated with waiting for admission decisions.
- Early applicants receive priority consideration for financial aid and scholarships.
- Early applicants also have enhanced opportunities for securing spots in desired academic courses and preferred housing options.
Completed all of the steps for readmission and have received your letter of admittance? Congratulations and welcome back to Laker Nation! Now, take the next steps to complete the admissions process with the New Student Checklist for readmitted students.