A student in good academic standing at another college or university may apply for admission and enrollment as a transient student at Clayton State University. Transient status is usually limited to one term at a time, and enrollment is subject to the following requirements and conditions.
Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $40.00 application fee. Online applicants must use a credit or debit card to pay the application fee.
Transient students must furnish an Official Transient Authorization letter or documentation from the Registrar of the college or university last attended, which includes the following:
- A recommendation for transient admission to Clayton State University
- A statement that the student is eligible to return
- A list of recommended courses to be taken at Clayton State University
- A signature from a college official in a sealed envelope from the institution is required
Transient enrollment is on a space-available basis, and some courses may be closed to transient students at some stages of the registration process.
Transients must meet Clayton State University prerequisite/co-requisite and major restriction requirements for individual courses even if the sending institution has authorized the course.
A transient student who desires to continue as a transfer student at the University must apply through the Admissions Office and meet all transfer admissions policies, deadlines, and requirements.
- Priority* Deadline - July 15
- Regular Deadline - Aug. 1
- Final Document Deadline - Aug. 10
- Priority* Deadline - November 15
- Regular Deadline - Dec. 1
- Final Document Deadline - Dec. 10
- Priority* Deadline - April 15
- Regular Deadline - May 1
- Final Document Deadline - May 10
*BENEFITS OF APPLYING BY THE PRIORITY DEADLINE
Applying by the priority deadline offers several key advantages for students:
- Applying early ensures timely decision notifications, providing more time to plan and reducing the stress associated with waiting for admission decisions.
- Early applicants receive priority consideration for financial aid and scholarships.
- Early applicants also have enhanced opportunities for securing spots in desired academic courses and preferred housing options.