It is the policy of the Clayton State University Library to acquire and make available materials that support the curriculum of the University.
- Materials will be acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Physical materials which are added to the Library’s collection shall be added to the Library’s online catalog in a timely manner. Purchased materials shall have a higher priority than donated materials.
- Physical materials will be processed for the shelf in such a way as to promote their security and durability, and to aid in their location and retrieval by Library patrons and staff.
- Electronic materials will be made available to students through multiple interfaces on the Library website.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that continual access to electronic materials is available from on and off campus locations.
Additional specific policies related to the management of Library resources can be found in the Collection Development Policy and the Collection and Resource Management Department Manual.
Effective Date: 9/1/1987
Review Date: 12/11/2019