Selecting the right computer doesn't have to be a drag. Here is some valuable minimum requirements information.
Be sure to check your professor's syllabus for specific configuration needs. The School of Business, the College of Nursing and the College of Arts & Sciences are recommending the Entry Level Configuration.
Students taking Computer Science and Information Technology classes are required to have at least the enhanced configuration and it is recommended that they have the advanced configuration.
Depending on the student major and course selection, the Enhanced Level or Advanced level configuration may be recommended from all other colleges and schools.
- (entry level) 2.40 Ghz equivalent (ex: Intel i3 or AMD Athlon X2)
- (Enhanced level) 2.80 Ghz equivalent (ex: Intel i5 or AMD Phenom II)
- (Advanced level) 2.93 Ghz equivalent (ex: Intel i7 or AMD Phenom II)
- (Entry level) 4 GB DDR3
- (Enhanced level) 8 GB DDR3
- (Advanced level) 16 GB DDR3
- (entry level) 360 GB or larger
- (Enhanced level) 500 GB or larger
- (Advanced level) 512 GB SSD
- Windows 10
- 802.11b/g compatible wireless card (internal recommended)
Many Ultrabooks & Tablets don't have built-in disc drives. An external USB disc drive is acceptable.
- (entry level)Built-In Preferred
- (Enhanced level)Built-In Preferred
- (Advanced level)Built-In Preferred
- (entry level)500 GB
- (Enhanced level)1 TB
- (Advanced level)2 TB