Master of Arts in Teaching Admissions
Admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program begins with applying through Graduate Admissions.
Acceptance is granted on a space available basis. Applicants that meet all admission requirements will be ranked according to their qualifications and admitted in order of their rank, starting with the most qualified, until all available spaces are filled. As such, not all individuals who meet the admission requirements may be admitted.
Interested applicants should contact the program coordinator for their chosen concentration first:
To apply to the MAT Program you will need to submit an online application to the School of Graduate Studies. The packet should include the following nine items:
- Writing Sample (MAT English and History only)
- The GACE Program Admissions scores or *proof of exemption
- Test I - Reading (Code 200)
- Test II - Mathematics (Code 201)
- Test III - Writing (Code 202)
- Combined Test I, II, III (Code 700)
*Proof of exemption documents:
- Official College Board SAT score report (minimum combined critical reading/math score of 1000)
- Official ACT score report (minimum combined English/Math score of 43)
- Official GRE score report (minimum combined verbal/quantitative score of 1030 prior to August 1, 2011 or minimum combined verbal/quantitative score of 297 if taken after August 1, 2011)
- All official transcripts from previous undergraduate or graduate institutions
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be on letterhead.
- A Certificate of Completion for GACE 350 – Program Entry Ethics as required for admission
to the program. Registering for the Educator Ethics assessment is a four-step process:
- Create or update your MyPSCaccount at www.gapsc.com using your legal name as shown on a driver’s license or other ID document, and select testing Reason #7, “I am taking the Georgia Educator Ethics assessment.”; select Clayton State University on the Program tab, and select GACE 350 on the Assessment tab.
- The GaPSCsends your profile and eligibility information to ETS.
- ETS sends you an email with a link to the Educator Ethics system.
- Access the Educator Ethics assessment system, select Test Takers under Registration, create your account, and register and pay the $30 fee online, indicate Clayton State University as a score recipient
You should complete the seven modules in 2.5-3 hours, and include the Certificate of Completion in the application packet.
- The GAPSC Pre-Certification Application Form – (request this from the Concentration
Area Coordinator). The completed form should be returned to the Concentration Coordinator
in your application package. Do not submit it to the GAPSC. Pages 1, 2, and 4 must
be completed in their entirety and submitted, along with a copy of an acceptable ID
(not required for admissions)
- Page four is the VLP form. The affidavit must be signed in the presence of a notary public (the Department of Teacher Education has a notary public) and a copy of the identification document (front and back), usually a GA driver’s license for US citizens or Permanent Residency “Green” card for permanent residents, must be included.
- Essay Question Responses - As part of the completed application packet, prospective
students should submit responses to three essay probes. Your response should be no
longer than 1and 1/2 pages ea.
- Why do you want to be a teacher?
- How do you feel about working with diverse student populations?
- Select a current issue in Education Policy. Summarize it and discuss your thoughts concerning the issue.
Submit required application documents to email@example.com. If you have any admission questions, please contact: (678) 466-4113.
|Admission Term||Final Deadline|
The final deadlines for applications and supporting documents for international graduate students are:
|Admission Term||Final Deadline|