Regents Engineering Pathways Program
The Regents Engineering Pathway Program (REPP) is a cooperative program between REPP Institutions offering engineering majors, and participating REPP Partner Institutions with the University System of Georgia.
Under this “2+2” curriculum format, students in the program attend Clayton State for approximately two years, completing the mathematics and science courses required in the engineering curriculum, along with several other courses. Upon successful completion of the REPP requirements, students apply to transfer to the REPP Engineering Institution to work towards completing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Typically, competition of the engineering degree will take 2 years beyond the REPP courses. Admission is not guaranteed under REPP, but successful competition of the curriculum enhances a student’s chances of acceptance.
Smaller class sizes, a nurturing learning environment, lower tuition costs, and the ability to attend the first two years of college closer to home makes Clayton State University a great choice to begin your engineering dream.
Participating REPP Engineering Institutions
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Georgia Southern University
- Kennesaw University
- Mercer University
- University of Georgia
REPP Admissions Eligibility
Incoming freshman students must have:
- A combined SAT of 1090 (with a minimum of 560 SAT-M and 440 SAT-V) AND
- A high school GPA of at least 3.0 OR
- Have been admitted to an engineering program at Georgia Tech
Students who do not meet initial admission criteria may qualify for the REPP after the end of their freshman year by:
- Completing CHEM 1211, PHYS 2211, MATH 1501 and MATH 2502 with grades of B or higher; and
- Attaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
|Total Program Credit Hours||48|
English (6 hours)
|ENGL 1101 English Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1102 English Composition II||3|
Mathematics Requirements (16 hours)
|MATH 1501 Calculus I||3|
|MATH 2140 Linear Algebra||3|
|MATH 2502 Calculus II||3|
|MATH 2503 Calculus III||4|
|MATH 3303 Ordinary Differential Equations||3|
Science (16 hours)
|PHYS 2211/2211L Principles of Physics I||4|
|PHYS 2212/2212L Principles of Physics II||4|
|CHEM 1211/1211L Principles of Chemistry I||4|
Choose ONE from the following**:
|CHEM 1212/1212L Principles of Chemistry II||4|
|BIOL 1107/1107L Principles of Biology I||4|
|**Your science choice will depend upon the area of engineering you wish to pursue. Check with your advisor for the appropriate course|
Computer Science Requirement (3 hours) Students should select one of the following, depending on their intended engineering major:
|For Electrical, Computer, and Industrial Engineering majors: CSCI 1301 Computer Science I||3|
|For all other engineering majors: CSCI 1371 Computing for Engineers||3|
Additional Requirements (7 hours)
|CRIT 1101 Critical Thinking||3|
|COMM 1001 Presentational Speaking||1|
|PHYS 3454 Statics||3|
Other Program-Specific Graduation Requirements
REPP students are strongly encouraged to complete the core curriculum and apply to receive the associate degree from Clayton State prior to transferring to their engineering school.
* Calculus I and II are 4 credit hour course taken in Areas A and D. One (1) credit hour for each is applied to Area F.
View the Academic Catalog
Transfer Requirements under the REPP vary by school. The information below is a guideline. Following the REPP curriculum does not guarantee admission into Georgia Tech or the University of Georgia. REPP students much also meet application and transfer deadlines outlined by the REPP Engineering Institution.
Upon successful completion of the REPP curriculum, students may be admitted to Georgia Tech to complete an Engineering bachelor’s degree, in any of the engineering majors offered.
- Students must meet Clayton State and Georgia Tech admission requirements. Georgia Tech admission requirements must be met at the time they submit their transfer application to Georgia Tech.
- Students must maintain a 3.3 overall GPA and a 3.3 Math/Science GPA at the time the apply to transfer to Georgia Tech. Georgia Tech has a “no forgiveness” grade policy.
- Students must meet Georgia Tech Transfer Admission curriculum requirements, located at https://ceed.gatech.edu/admissions-requirements
- Students must complete at least 30 credit hours at an REPP Partner Institution by the document deadline
- Students may have no more than two required math or lab science courses in progress at the document deadline for spring or summer term admission. Fall applicants must have all requirements completed by the end of spring semester.
- Dual-Enrolled (formerly MOWR) students must have completed at least two semesters after high school graduation
- Students not enrolled at the REPP Partner Institution for more than 2 consecutive semesters must re-enroll for at least one semester prior to applying for REPP transfer to Georgia Tech.
- Please be aware that Georgia Tech does not accept all online courses. See http://www.registrar.gatech.edu/students/transfercredit.php(GT Transfer Credit Information)
Students are accepted into the program three times a year in the Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
Ready to Apply
Applications are currently being accepted . Begin the application process today! Apply Today!