Thesis Binding Procedures
Included on this page are the procedures followed by students and Library staff to carry out the Clayton State University Thesis Binding Policy. For additional information about the Thesis Binding Policy, contact the Clayton State University School of Graduate Studies.
- Students should complete all department requirements and obtain a signed “Certificate of Approval”. A copy of the Certificate of Approval should be included with each copy of the thesis.
- Students should deliver 3 institution copies and as many personal copies as they desire to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Students will pay $15.00 per copy to bind the thesis. Students can pick up personal copies at the Library with no additional charge or pay a mailing fee of $10.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy.
- Payment may be made by check, money order, or Laker Card. Payment should be delivered to the School of Graduate Studies along with the copies to be bound.
- The thesis will be sent to the bindery with the next regularly scheduled bindery shipment. Typically the thesis will be returned from the bindery in 4 to 8 weeks.
- If the student ordered personal copies and planned to pick them up at the Library, the student will be notified when the thesis is returned from the bindery and is ready to be picked up.
- Personal copies will be mailed to the student if a mailing fee was paid.
- Library staff will disperse institutional copies with one copy going to the School of Graduate Studies and two copies going to cataloging to be processed and added to the Library’s collection. One Library copy will be placed in the University Archives. The second copy will be added to the circulating collection and will be available to be checked out.