Community Users & Visitors
To support the information needs of community users of the Clayton State University Library, it is the policy of the Clayton State Library to make available certain library resources and services to community users.
- The following groups of users are eligible for a Community Borrowers Card:
Clayton State Affiliates
Clayton State retirees, Alumni and Adults who reside in Clayton, Dekalb,
Continuing Education Students with Fayette, Fulton, and Henry counties
current course receipt
- Visitors above the age of 18 have the following privileges:
- Access to library spaces that do not require reservations.
- Use scanner with user-provided flash drive.
- Purchase a community printing card to print or make copies.
- Request reference assistance.
- Use library materials, including circulating, reference, legal, music, and microform collections in the library.
- Visitors with a Community Borrowers Card have the following additional privileges:
- Borrow a maximum of five books for one 28-day loan period. Community borrowers are not eligible for loan renewals.
- Desktop computer access. Please note that computer access is not guaranteed as currently enrolled Clayton State students have priority reservation status.
- Headphone checkout for in-library use.
- Access to online databases through GALILEO while in the library.
- Retirees with emeritus status have the following additional privilege:
- Remote access to online databases through GALILEO.
- Special services are available to area high school students:
- Access to library materials, reference assistance, InterLibrary Loan articles and desktop computers during a supervised class trip to the library.
- Access to library materials and reference assistance during a library visit while accompanied by an adult.
- Community printing card available for purchase to print or make copies.
- If accompanying adult is a Community Borrowers Card holder, they may checkout headphones and request computer access to share with student.
- Community User Responsibilities
- Users are responsible for the prompt return of library materials in good condition at the end of the loan period.
- Users may not lend their Borrower’s Card to others.
- Users cannot check out items if their account has been blocked due to overdue items, lost items, or outstanding fees.
- The library reserves the right to block equipment use privileges to anyone who is repeatedly late in returning equipment or who has exhibited a pattern of misuse of equipment.