Laker Hall Suites
Laker Hall is Clayton State’s first year student residence hall! The suite-style layout gives each student a private bedroom to relax, study, or hang out with friends, while also providing opportunity to engage with suitemates with a suite common area and a shared bathroom. It’s your home away from home!
Academic Year 2022-2023 Cost Projection
|Expenses||Fall Semester 2022||Spring Semester 2023|
Laker Hall Regular Suite (4 Bed/2 Bath Suite)
Budget Choice Suite (4 Bed/2 Bath Suite)
Advantage Single Suite (4 Bed/2 Bath Suite)
Laker Hall Super Suite (2 Bed/2 Bath Suite)
|Meal Plan (required for all students living in Laker Hall)||
$1,994 Blue Plus
$1,994 Blue Plus
*Tuition/fee rates vary depending on entering term of enrollment. For specific tuition and fee information, see the Bursar's Office webpage.
**All enrolled students are required to have ready-access to a notebook computer, for which a one-time additional expense may need to be incurred.
For Summer Term enrollment, only Laker Village Apartments are available for on-campus housing.
Paying for University Housing
Start your financial aid application process early! Students who anticipate having difficulties with college expenses, including housing costs, should contact the Office of Financial Aid for assistance in determining eligibility and applying for federal education grants and loans.
Important Note for Housing Students: All tuition and housing charges must be paid in full (or a payment plan in place) prior to residence hall move-in. Students with a balance due will not be permitted access to the residence hall/unit.
- Furnished private bedrooms (includes bed, chest, desk, chair, closet)
- Kitchenettes (includes microwave and full-size refrigerator with freezer)
- Living Room (furnished with sofa, end tables and television stand)
- Wireless Access
- All utilities included in rent cost (electric, cable, water)
- Academic Learning Assistance and Coaching in the Laker Hall Success Center and Writing Lab, after-hours
- 24-hour control access desk
- Group study areas w/ wireless access
- Snack Shop
- Laundry facilities
- Game room; with large screen HD television; pool table
- Lounge area
- Low student-to-Resident Assistant (RA)ratio (24 to 1)
Living Learning Community
Pre-Nursing-Laker Hall 3rd Floor C Wing
This is a program that provides first-year pre-nursing students the opportunity to become member of the living learning community within Laker Hall dedicated to helping new students successfully transition into the nursing prerequisite curriculum.
- Personal relationships with Nursing faculty mentors and students within the community.
- Gain a broad understanding of career opportunities within the nursing field.
- Access to learning opportunities to emphasize pre-nursing coursework.
Curricular and co-curricular experiences integrated to foster an engaging learning and social environment to enhance student success and retention, including participating in special events and activities planned throughout the year.
- Guest speakers and panels from various health care professions and Nursing Alumni.
- Off-campus tours of health care facilities
- Participation in various leadership and service activities
- Facilitated group study sessions with academic resources available.
Barbershop Initiative -Laker Hall 3rd Floor B Wing
Male identified students are invited to participate and live in the Barbershop Initiative learning community. Modeled after the tradition of community barbershops, participants will engage in formal and informal learning. The goal of the Barbershop Initiative is to help ease the transition to college through engagement in academic skills enrichment and the introduction of student support services. Student will have access to adult and peer mentors and will focus on leadership development throughout the year.
EmpowHER Initiative -Laker Hall 3rd Floor A Wing
Women Identified students are invited to participate and live in the EmpowHER Living Learning community. Members will engage in formal and informal learning in this community. The goal is to help ease the transition to college through engagement in academic skills enrichment and the introduction of student support services. Student will have access to adult and peer mentors and will focus on leadership development throughout the year.
Virtual Tour and Photo Gallery
Business Mailing Address
2000 Clayton State Boulevard
Morrow, GA 30260
Resident Mailing Address
YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME
Clayton State University
5809 North Lake Drive, Box xxx
Morrow, GA 30260
(678) 466-HOME (4663)
Laker Hall Desk:
Housing After-Hours Emergency Phone Number: (678) 435-4168
Submit a maintenance request