Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Living in Housing Frequently Asked Questions

Clayton State University housing units are situated in a suite-style, co-ed living environment. However, each individual apartment and suite is same-gender assigned.

If a resident needs special accommodations, s/he should contact the Disability Resource Center at (678) 466-5445 or email

Residents' Laker Cards will be programmed for access during the move-in process. If there is an issue with a resident's Laker Card not working properly, s/he should report the problem to the Housing Office during business hours or the 24-Hour Community Desk if it is after business hours.

Yes. All residential students are permitted to have a vehicle on campus. Residents must obtain a residential parking permit through the Office of Public Safety and must ensure that their guests park in the designated guest parking areas.

All resident students are advised to purchase renter's insurance for their personal belongings through a private insurance provider, as students' personal belongings are not covered in the event of theft, damage, loss, etc. Some residents may be covered under their parents' homeowner insurance policy. It is best to verify coverage with the insurance company.

Residents will be able to submit routine work orders online from the front page of the University Housing website or can be phoned in to 678-466-4664; however, emergency work orders (i.e., floods, power outages, broken locks, etc.) can be reported to the 24-Hour Community Desk or the Housing Office during business hours.

Residents are responsible for cleaning and maintaining their individual bedrooms and apartment suites. Residence Life staff will conduct monthly Fire, Life,Health and Safety Inspections to ensure that apartments,suites and individual bedrooms are being kept in a reasonably clean and sanitary condition.

Residents are responsible for properly disposing of their trash in the designated trash receptacles areas outside. Trash left in hallways and breezeways is prohibited.

Any issues with the vending or the laundry room should be reported to the Laker Hall 24-Hour Community Desk. Residents at Laker Village should report washer/dryer issues through the maintenance request system.

If a resident has issues with his/her suitemates that cannot be worked out, the resident should contact his/her Resident Assistant (RA) for assistance in mediating the conflict. Residents are expected to make "good-faith" efforts to resolve any issues between suitemates and other students. Room change requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Laker Hall- Each resident will have his/her own individual mailbox, located just inside the rear entrance of the building.

Laker Village—Residents in each apartment share a mailbox located in one of two common areas (main office and clock tower)on the apartment property.

The following format must be used for all mail and packages that are sent to you:

Your Name (as used to apply to Clayton State University)Clayton State University 5809 North Lake Drive, Box # ________ Morrow, GA 30260

Residents should work with the US Postal Service to forward their mail to a different address over the summer. All mail received after move-out will be returned to the sender.

Because University Housing is part of an academic living/learning community, Quiet Hours are strictly enforced after 10:00 p.m. each night. Courtesy Hours are in effect 24 hours a day, which means residents should be reasonably quiet—and if a suitemate, neighbor, or staff member asks another resident to quiet down, s/he is expected to do so.