Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Frequently Asked Questions

Faculty and Staff Fund Drive

What is the purpose of faculty and staff philanthropy? Faculty and staff giving provides a catalyst for turning individual generosity into a collective energy through participation. Clayton State faculty and staff can celebrate unity and strength in working together to further the University’s success and demonstrate support for various programs and scholarships. All gifts from Clayton State faculty and staff are celebrated no matter how or when they are made during the fiscal year.

Why should you give? Gifts from faculty and staff speak to each person’s own belief in the value of the work they do here. Support from faculty and staff is important because a strong Clayton State creates a positive impact on the community. Annual support is the key to our success!

How is the faculty and staff fund drive different from the state charitable fund? Gifts from the fund drive are used for Clayton State’s individual programs, scholarships and initiatives. Participants choose where they want their gifts to be used according to their interest areas with the University. There are 300 funds that range from employee education, research, scholarships and program support.

Other fundraising efforts on campus focus on external charities. The state charitable fund supports non-profits within the state of Georgia and are not related to the Clayton State fund drive and do not support Clayton State initiatives.

When will faculty and staff be asked to make a gift? The active phase of fund drive is from September 9 through October 4. 

May I designate my gift to a particular area of the University? Yes! You may choose from more than 300 funds. These may be within your own unit or be related to scholarships, Spivey Hall, faculty/staff development, athletics, the Women’s Forum, Angel Program, to name a few.

How will my gift be used? Contact the Development office at ext. 4470 if you have questions regarding funds.

How much of my gift will actually go to the fund(s) I select? 100%

Is my gift tax deductible? Yes.

How do I make my gift? Online – visit to make your gift on our secured giving site. Cash/Check – You can either place your gift in the envelope and give it to your designated coordinator. Or, return your envelope in person to the Office of Development, Clayton State East, Woodlands Hall, Room 205 by October 4. Credit card – Include your credit card information on your gift form or make your gift online. Recurring gifts will be processed based on your specifications (see the gift form). Check – Make payable to the Clayton State FoundationPayroll deductions are ongoing gifts processed each pay period and continue through the calendar year beginning in January. How do I get a gift form? If you did not receive a gift form in your packet, please download and print a blank form.

How do I submit my gift form? If you choose not to submit your gift online, please complete the gift form you received in your packet or download and print a blank form and mail it to the following address. Clayton State FoundationPO Box 387 Morrow, GA 30260-0285 You may also send it through campus mail.

Can I designate my gift to more than one area? Yes. Clearly note on the giving form or online gift form how much you want to give each area. Be sure to also note the total amount you want to give.

What do I need to know about payroll deduction? Your gift will be automatically deducted from your pay each pay period beginning January. If you have questions, please notify the Office of Development via email at

What do I need to know about recurring gifts? The charge will take place on the 1st of every month, following the month your gift is received by the Office of Development.Charges will continue until you notify the Office of Development via email at

What I need to know about matching gifts? Matching gifts can double or event triple your gift for employees whose spouse or partner work for companies that have matching gift programs. You may obtain the matching gift form from your spouse’s or partner's human resources department or fill out a matching request form on the company’s website. Completed forms should be submitted to the office of Development.

Any additional questions please feel free to contact the Office of Development at ext. 4470.