Fund Drive Co-Chairs
Professor of Foreign Languages
Department of Humanities
This fall, I begin my sixteenth year as a faculty member at Clayton State University. Since my arrival here, I have always been a contributor to the Faculty-Staff Fund Drive, and I urge you all to participate, too. Contributions to the Faculty-Staff Fund Drive enable our departments to pay for things that state monies cannot fund. Examples of these include:
- scholarships, student travel, and annual awards;
- supporting student performances and publications;
- acquiring non-instructional equipment for your department;
- buying refreshments and funding meals for departmental events and meetings;
- making donations or purchasing subscriptions on behalf of your unit;
- or more poignantly sending flowers on behalf of your department for condolences in a faculty or staff member’s time of loss.
Please know, too, that our high rate of participation as faculty and staff sends a loud message to folks beyond the university, including funding agencies, the Board of Regents, and the community at large. It tells them that we’re committed to our students, each other, and the mission of Clayton State University. Whether your gift be great or small, let’s strive to reach a participation rate of 100% in every department and unit.
Office of the Registrar
Thanks to the support of all that give, my dreams were made real at Clayton State University! As an alumna, I give to make dreams real of other students who may also need support to become a forever Laker!