Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Fayette Instructional Site Frequently Asked Questions

What degrees are offered at Clayton State-Fayette?

The Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia has approved 5 degree programs for the Fayette County location: the B.S. in Psychology and Human Services, B.S. in Integrative Studies, the B.A.S. in Administrative Management, the R.N. to B.S.N. online program, and the M.B.A. degree program. Students not enrolled in these majors may still complete their general education core curriculum in Fayette or take upper division courses that fit with their chosen major.

What is the B.S. in Integrative Studies degree program?

The Integrative Studies program allows students to create an individualized curriculum composed of courses and experiences which meet their individual career needs. This approach is different from many traditional, discipline-based baccalaureate programs which are designed in part to prepare students for advanced work in a specific academic discipline--a major in history or biology, for example. This flexibility enables students to develop academic plans that meet the ever-changing requirements of the world of work, but it also requires careful planning. Students should clarify their career or learning goals as they begin designing the components of their program. The bachelor’s degree in Integrative Studies can also be an appropriate preparation for students planning to attend graduate school in certain disciplines and professions.

What is the B.A.S. degree in Administrative Management?

The Bachelor of Applied Science degree (B.A.S.) offers career advancement opportunities to people who have earned an A.A.S., A.A.T., or other career associate degrees at a technical college. Students who have earned career associate degrees at Clayton State University or at other regionally accredited institutions can bridge smoothly into the B.A.S. program with little or no loss of credit. To complete the B.A.S. at Clayton State, students will take additional general education classes and advanced courses appropriate to their fields and career interests. The B.A.S. can be earned in four semesters of full time study, or students can attend part-time. Courses are offered in online, partial online, and classroom formats.

Are courses completed at Clayton State-Fayette transferable to other colleges and universities?

Clayton State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and is a part of the University System of Georgia; thus courses are broadly accepted at other institutions across the country. Clayton State University’s accreditation was reaffirmed by SACS in 2004 after a routine 10-year review.

When are courses offered at Clayton State-Fayette?

Classes are generally offered in the evening, though some morning and afternoon courses are offered each semester. Many of the degree programs are also offered 100 percent fully online.

Can college students coming home for the summer take courses at the Fayette County location?

Students who are enrolled at other institutions may take classes at Clayton State-Fayette as transient students. The admission and course transfer processes are simplified for students who fall into this category. Details are posted on the Admissions website.

Can high school students take courses at Clayton State-Fayette?

Yes, Clayton State’s Dual Enrollment Program (MOWR) allows qualified students to take college courses while still in high school. The courses they complete fulfill high school requirements but also count as college credit. Such programs expose students to the nature of the college classroom, while they still have the support they receive from parents and their high school.

I am interested in teaching at the Fayette County site, how can I apply?

Although many of our classes are taught by full-time faculty from the main campus, we are always looking for qualified individuals to teach part-time. Instructors must have at least a master’s degree in the discipline they teach. Those interested may email

Can the HOPE Scholarship or other forms of financial aid be used at Clayton State-Fayette?

Yes, students who are eligible for financial aid can generally use the support they receive to pay for expenses at the Fayette County location.

I am a freshman. Do I need to live on the main campus in Morrow, Georgia to be able to attend Clayton State-Fayette?

No, you do not have apply to live in our university housing residences at the main campus in Morrow. Complete and submit the housing exemption form to be able to attend Clayton State-Fayette and waive the living requirement.

How can I learn more about Clayton State-Fayette?

For more information, call (678) 466-5000.