Change Begins With Me
CHOOSE THE DEGREE FOR YOU —
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology & Social Sciences
- Minor in Sociology
- Minor in Social Work
Sociology and Social Services
Sociology is the study of human interaction in groups and social institutions. The Sociology and Social Services program provides students with a strong foundation in sociological principles, theory, and research while also introducing them to how these things can be applied to working with people in the social service and nonprofit sector.
Choose this degree if you are interested in…
- Helping people.
- Identifying solutions to social problems.
- Examining how social institutions (like the family) shape individual experience and identity.
- Working at a social service or nonprofit agency.
- Starting a nonprofit organization.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Sociology & Social Services degree will be able to do the following:
- Use the basic theories and concepts of sociology.
- Describe the structure, purpose, organization, and ethical code of social service agencies.
- Explain the nature of social stratification and inequality and analyze its impact on individual experiences, social institutions, and social welfare policy.
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing social welfare policies and programs and social services delivery.