Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated
Rho Lambda Chapter
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Incorporated was founded on November 12, 1922 on the campus of Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana by seven women:
- Mary Lou Allison Gardner Little
- Dorothy Hanley Whiteside
- Vivian White Marbury
- Nannie Mae Gahn Johnson
- Hattie Mae Annette Dulin Redford
- Bessie Mae Rhoades Downey Martin
- Cubena McClure
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. was founded on the precept of maintaining high standards of service, scholarship and sisterhood within our communities. Since the founding of the sorority, Sigma Gamma Rho has welcomed more than 100,000 collegiate and professional women from every profession. The sorority has more than 500 chapters in the United States, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, South Korea, U.S. Virgin Islands, United Arab Emirates, and Japan.
The dynamic women of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. have built and sustained a well-known and well-respected reputation for leading positive change to help uplift the community through education, leadership, health awareness, and service for women and their families.
The Radiant Rho Lambda Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc. was chartered November 9,2007 on the campus of Clayton State University.
- Hattie McDaniel : Academy Award Winning Actress
- Brownstone: Female Contemporary R&B Group
- MC Lyte: Hip-Hop Artist and Moderator
- Kelly Price: Grammy Award Winning Singer
- Bo Talley-Williams: Entrepreneur, Fitness Coach
- Lorraine E. Hale, Ph.D: Executive Director of Hale House Center, Inc. New York
- Geneva Reed-Veal: Mother to social activist and Soror Sandra Bland
- Deshauna Barber: 2016-2017 Miss USA
- Alia Atkinson: 2016 Olympian
- Ezinma: American Musical Composer, Violinist
Most Recent Community Service/Educational Activities
United Way of Greater Atlanta- Toiletry Drive (2022)
Rhoyal Goes Red for Heart Disease Awareness (2022)
Operation Big Book Bag ( 2021)
For additional information about the Rho Lambda Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority,
Incorporated, please visit the national website at www.SGRho1922.org or contact the chapter via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.