Psychology Student Organizations
Enhance your learning experience and meet other students by participating in several student organizations.
Clayton State hosts a chapter of Psi Chi, the national honor society for psychology. View the official website.
Undergraduate Student Membership requirements
- Be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature
- Have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
- Have completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of psychology courses
- Have earned a cumulative GPA that is in the top 35% of their class (sophomore, junior, or senior) compared to their classmates across the entire university or the college that houses psychology (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA average for psychology courses
Graduate Student Membership Requirements
- Be accepted into and enrolled in a psychology or closely related graduate program
- Have completed at least 9 semester credit hours of graduate psychology courses in that program
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 in all graduate courses including psychology courses
- Meet their graduate program's requirements (e.g., if specific courses require an A or B, students must meet those requirements even if their cumulative GPA is above 3.0)