Substantive Change Reporting Process
Under federal guidelines, Clayton State University is responsible for reporting to SACSCOC any changes that are a “significant modification or expansion” (SACSCOC, 2009) from what is part of our accreditation. The time period and required information for reporting varies depending on the extent and type of change. All changes to program curriculum, course delivery method and type, location of offerings, and required credit hours must be reported to Clayton State’s SACSCOC Liaison, Dr. Jill Lane, in ample time to determine if reporting is necessary and to allow for the completion of forms and approval and review by SACSCOC. Any questions about reporting should be directed to Dr. Jill Lane.
Timeline for Substantive Change submissions and reviews by SACSCOC:
Proposals involving sites and programs (effective as of Jan 1, 2017):
- January 1 for implementations between July 1 and December 31
- July 1 for implementations between January 1 and June 30 of the following year
Proposals involving mergers, change in governance, sanctions, level changes (effective as of Jan 1, 2017):
- March 15 for June review by SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- September 1 for December review by SACSCOC Board of Trustees
Please consult the sections below for specific information on the timeline and paperwork needed.
- Clayton State University Substantive Change Policy (pdf document)
- SACSCOC Website on Substantive Change
- Forms (link to SACSCOC website)