Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Outdoor Adventure Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need to have prior experience to participate in the Outdoor Recreation trips? A: No, our trips are designed to provide engaging opportunities for beginners as well as experienced participants. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact Outdoor Adventure.

Q: Why are there three prices listed for trips? A: The prices are as follows - Students / Clayton State Employees / Non-Affiliates.

Q: Where can I sign up for Outdoor Adventure trips? A: To register for trips bring your Laker I.D. and method of payment to the front desk of the Student Activities Center (SAC). To hold your spot on the participant list full payment must be received.

Q: How can I find out about the trips that are offered? A: You can pick up an Outdoor Adventure brochure, located around campus, stop in the Student Activities Center (SAC) or you can contact the Outdoor Adventure Office. Information can also be found on the website by clicking on the Trips link.

Q: Is there a deadline to sign up for trips? A: Yes, the deadline information can be found in the Outdoor Adventure Brochure. There is limited space on our trips so sign up early!

Q: How will I know what to bring and what to expect when I go on a trip? A: Every Outdoor Adventure Trip will have a mandatory meeting. During this meeting participants will be informed about everything they need to know about the upcoming trip.

Q:What if I miss a pre-trip meeting? A: It is your responsibility to contact Outdoor Adventure to get all needed information. If you do not contact Outdoor Adventure you may be dropped from the trip. Some trips have specific requirements (footwear, rain gear, equipment), you may be asked to provide this equipment before departure. If you do not have this equipment at time of departure you may be dropped from the trip.

Q: Do I need to own outdoor equipment to participate in Outdoor Adventure programming? A: No, Outdoor Adventure provides tents, backpacks, stoves, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, climbing equipment, etc.. You are responsible for clothing, food, and footwear. It is important that you are dressed appropriately for an activity, if you have questions feel free to contact Outdoor Adventure.

Q: Can I bring someone who is not a student at Clayton State University? A: Yes, students are always given preference but others are welcome to join us if space is available. The price for non-affiliates can be found on the websites or in the brochure, it is the third price listed.

Q: Can I drive my personal vehicle on an Outdoor Adventure trip? A: No, in most cases. Participants must register at the front desk of the SAC and may check with Outdoor Adventure if the trip is located near campus (Paintball or Indoor Climbing). If you do not ride to the event with the group you will not receive a ride at the conclusion.