Skip to Content Skip to Footer

State Authorization

Clayton State University is currently authorized, licensed, exempt, not subject to approval or is permitted to accept students to most distance education programs in 48 states because of our participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements and the Southern Regional Education Board (SREB). If you reside in one of the below listed states please contact us at to inquire about your eligibility to enroll in our distance learning programs.

  • California

Complaint Resolution

For grievances involving any aspect of your online educational experience, begin by following the Clayton State University Student Complaint procedures. This process asks that you first try to reach a resolution with your instructor or other party involved in the issue, before taking the issue to the dean, and, finally, the Provost’s Office.

If the Clayton State University Student Complaint resolution is not satisfactory, a student may then appeal to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges OR the Georgia State Authorization Portal (GA-SARA).


SACSCOC Student Complaint Process

FVSU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Students may follow the SACSCOC Complaint Procedure.

NOTE: SACSCOC will not investigate a complaint unless the student has exhausted all available grievance procedures outlined by the institution.

The contact information for SACS is:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
Telephone: 404-679-4500


GA-SARA Complaint Process

FVSU is a member of the Georgia State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (GA-SARA). Students may follow the GA-SARA Student Complaint Rules and use the GA-SARA Online Student Complaint Form

NOTE: GA-SARA does not resolve complaints about student grades and student conduct violations. These complaints fall under the jurisdiction of institutional policy.

The contact information for GA-SARA is:

State SARA Website
Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission (GNPEC)
2082 E Exchange Pl, Suite 220
Tucker, GA 30084

For any additional information please contact us at