GIL Express is a resource sharing program that allows faculty, staff and currently enrolled students of all University System of Georgia (USG) libraries access to eligible circulating collections in the participating universities.
There are two ways to access the material:
- In Person - visit any USG library and checkout the materials that you wish to use from that library. You will need your LakerCard or a valid picture ID to check out materials from other universities.
- Online - search the Catalog and change the drop down menu from Clayton State University to University System of Georgia to request delivery of books to the library of your choice. GIL Express books typically arrive within 3-5 business days and are held for 10 days before being sent back to the owning institution.
- Loan Period - borrow for 28 days
- Pick Up Library - deliver to any USG library
- Clayton State Library Pick Up Location - Circulation Desk, lower level
- Renewals - automatically renews twice unless the item has been recalled
- Returns - return to any USG library
- Lost Material(s) - each library sets its own price for the replacement of a lost book
- Fines/Fees - the processing fee for one lost GIL Express book is $35.00 and any fines or fees that you owe have to be paid to the library owning the items
Visit the USG GIL Express website for a complete description of the policies and procedures.
GIL Express Coordinator
Stephanie Schweighardt: (678) 466-4332, StephanieSchweighardt@clayton.edu