Making Study Abroad Program Payments
How to Make Payments to the Bursar for Study Abroad Programs
Start making program payments as early as October 18, 2023*.
*This date may be subject to change.
- The student must first complete the program's Application Contract and be approved to attend the program.
- Once the application is approved by the Program Director, the application will be processed to the Bursar's office to add the program charge to your Clayton State student account.
- The student will receive a confirmation email informing you when you can begin making payments to the Bursar.
- Please wait until you have received this confirmation email as the charge must be added to your Clayton State student account before payments can be made online or in-person with the Bursar's office.
- You can begin making down payments towards the program fees as long as you adhere to the payment deadlines.
- See your study abroad programs Program Fees & Info for these details.
With the implementation of TouchNet e-Bill, Clayton State University has implemented a faster and more user-friendly payment card processing service named TouchNet PayPath. Starting February 15, 2021, a small 2.85% convenience fee (minimum fee $3.00) will apply to all online payments (via the DUCK) made by credit/debit card for tuition and fees. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Please note that American Express is only accepted for online payment of tuition and fees.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW CAN I PAY MY "Study Abroad" BILL ONLINE?
- Click the link in the email you receive saying your statement is ready or log onto the DUCK directly
- Click Student Services
- Student Account
- Student Account Center
- Make Payment
- Note: You will have the option of paying by e-check (no fee) or credit card (non-refundable convenience fee applies)
- You will receive an email confirmation when your payment is processed successfully
WHICH CREDIT CARDS DOES TOUCHNET PAYPATH ACCEPT?
Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express are accepted. Other cards that are accepted include Diners Club, JCB, and China Union.
WHY IS A CONVENIENCE FEE ADDED TO MY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENT?
CSU has contracted with a third-party company, TouchNet PayPath, to provide secure card processing services for tuition and fees. TouchNet PayPath charges a convenience fee to cover the cost of processing card payments. Clayton State will not receive any part of the fee.Note that the fee is not incurred by all students; the fee will apply only to students making payments with a credit/debit card via the DUCK.
HOW CAN I AVOID PAYING A SERVICE FEE?
The following options are available to avoid the convenience fee:
- Select the electronic check (e-check) option (bank transfer from your checking or savings account) when paying online via the DUCK. Paying by e-check is the same as paying by debit card for users with US-based checking or savings accounts. Note: A debit card payment incurs a small 2.85% convenience fee while there is no fee with an e-check payment.
- Pay by cash, credit card, debit card, cashier check, or money order at the Bursar’s Office located at 278 Edgewater Hall.
- Enroll in a Nelnet payment plan via the DUCK.
- Wire transfer payments. Instructions are available upon request.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF E-CHECK PAYMENTS OVER DEBIT/CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS?
No convenience fee
2.85% non-refundable convenience fee
Ability to store payment information securely for future use
Cannot store card information for future use
CAN I MAKE A CARD PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE?
No. Credit/debit card payments for tuition, fees, and other charges cannot be made over the phone or via mail.
IS THE CONVENIENCE FEE REFUNDABLE?
The 2.85% convenience fee is non-refundable, even if the student account payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited, or charged back. Any convenience fee disputes must be taken directly to your credit card company.
WILL THE CONVENIENCE FEE APPEAR ON MY STUDENT ACCOUNT?
No. Since TouchNet PayPath assesses the fee, it will not appear on your student account. However, the fee will appear on your credit card statement. On your credit card statement, you will see two transactions: one for the student account payment, and one for the convenience fee.
DOES THE CONVENIENCE FEE APPLY TO HOUSING DEPOSITS, CONTINUING EDUCATION CLASSES, AND TRANSCRIPT FEES?
No. The convenience fee is only charged on online student account payments made via the DUCK with a credit/debit card. The fee is not applicable to transactions on campus where credit/debit cards are accepted.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
Contact the Bursar’s Office
Location:Edgewater Hall - Second Floor, Room 278