BSN Application Requirements
The Basic Licensure Track of the BSN program admits two cohorts each year. Program admission is separate from University admission. Program applications are available online during designated time periods with corresponding KNAT dates. Acceptance to this program is competitive, meaning that the most highly qualified applicants will be accepted into the class. Eligibility requirements include completion of core curriculum prior to program enrollment. Size and quality of applicant pool varies, so chance of admission is fluid. Typically, cohorts of 45-60 students are selected from 100-300 applicants.
- Fall - January 1 thru February 15
- Spring - August 1 thru September 15
The School of Nursing cannot address transfer credit inquiries prior to University acceptance and orientation attendance. Transfer evaluations are completed by the Registrar's Office on a course-by-course basis for each student. Transfer articulation should be used as a guide and does not guarantee that your courses will transfer over to Clayton State University. Potential transfer students can also register to attend a Majors Monday event where they will receive a preliminary transcript evaluation and can meet with admission representatives and academic advisors.
Step 1—Apply to Clayton State University for undergraduate admission at as a transfer student and declare a Health Sciences major; cumulative GPA of 2.80 or above determines eligibility for pre-nursing. Note that transient and post-baccalaureate non-degree seeking University applicants are not eligible for separate nursing application.
Step 2—Attend University orientation to meet advisor, review transfer credit, register in program prerequisites. Plan to take the nursing program prerequisite of HLTH3201-Pathophysiology during the first semester of enrollment at Clayton State PRIOR to nursing program admission.
Step 3—Submit separate program application including entrance exam and interview for qualified applicants; *program application availability and KNAT dates correspond.
To seek Fall nursing admission
To seek Spring nursing admission
|Step 1||Apply to University for Spring by November 15||Apply to University for Fall by July 15|
|Step 2||Attend University orientation between November—January||Attend University orientation between April—August|
|Step 3||Apply to program for Fall between January 2—February 15*||Apply to program for Spring between August 1—September 15*|
- KNAT—Kaplan Nursing Admission Test—minimum overall and section scores required; applicants ranked accordingly
- Minimum 2.80 overall GPA—combination of institutional and transfer (includes all attempts in all courses)
- Minimum 2.80 math/science GPA—multiple attempts are averaged; *seven year expiration
for BIOLs and HLTH3201
- A2 Math Modeling or College Algebra (MATH 1101 or 1111)
- D2 Statistics (MATH 1231)
- D1 Science sequence I (CHEM1151-1151L or 1211-1211L)
- D1 Science sequence II (CHEM1152-1152L or 1212-1212L)
- F1 Human Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL1151-1151L)*
- F2 Human Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL1152-1152L)*
- F3 Microbiology (BIOL2250-2250L or 3250-3250L)*
- F6 Pathophysiology (HLTH3201)*
- Best—3.40 GPA; 85 KNAT; one attempt at math/sciences; currently enrolled in remaining prerequisites
- Good—3.20 GPA; 80 KNAT; limited attempts at math/sciences; two semesters remaining in prerequisites
- Fair—3.00 GPA; 75 KNAT; multiple attempts at math/sciences; two semesters remaining in prerequisites
- Poor—2.80 GPA; 70 KNAT; multiple attempts at math/science; several outstanding prerequisites
- Fall applicants - Mid-late October
- Spring applicants - MId-late March
Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for interview. Contact information provided on nursing application will be used by a nursing faculty member to schedule date/time of interview.
- Fall applicants - Early October or Early November
- Spring applicants - Early March or Early April
Applicants with incomplete files, ineligible applicants who failed to meet minimum eligibility requirements and eligible applicants not selected for interview will receive correspondence in early October or March. Qualified applicants who complete interview will receive correspondence in early November or April.