The Department of Psychology prepares students with an innovative blend of theory, research, and application to support the mental health and well-being of diverse populations. Students will also be prepared to attend graduate school.
The Mission of the Department of Psychology is to apply the major concepts, findings, and theoretical perspectives of psychology as you evaluate and critically apply research methodologies in the betterment of humankind.
- Apply the major concepts, findings, and theoretical perspectives of psychology.
- Evaluate research critically and apply research methodologies used in psychology.
- Demonstrate effective, professional written communication skills both individually and with groups.
- Demonstrate effective, professional oral communication skills both individually and with groups.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and career opportunities for those with psychology-related degrees.
- Apply the ethical standards set forth by the American Psychological Association.
- Demonstrate knowledge of individual and cultural differences and their influences on beliefs, values, and interactions with others.
- Interact effectively with people of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and cultural perspectives.