Intramural Sports Handbook
The Intramural Sports Program provides an opportunity for every student, faculty and staff member to take part in competitive and non-competitive recreational sports activities within the framework of educational endeavors. Faculty and staff are only eligible with a paid membership to the Clayton State University Fitness Center. The Intramural Sports Program is funded by Student Activity Fees.
2017-2018 Intramural Sports Handbook
The objectives of the Intramural Sports Program are to provide
- Opportunities for individual development through various activities
- Opportunities for social contact and the development of lasting friendships
- Leadership and fellowship opportunities through participation
- Recreation for individuals, regardless of their skill ability
- Opportunities which develop a positive attitude toward lifetime recreation
- Opportunities for personal growth and development through employment and leadership experiences
Any female or male student, faculty, or staff, regardless of their skill level, may participate in this league. Teams playing in this league will have a regular season followed by a single-elimination playoff.
Intramural Sports are normally scheduled during the following times:
Monday - Thursday 5:00p.m. – 10:00p.m.
* These times are subject to change. Intramural Sports reserves the right, due to facility or time constraints, to reduce the number of teams involved in post-season play, or change the format of the tournament.
Currently enrolled Clayton State students and currently employed faculty or staff are eligible to participate in intramural events. A spouse of a currently employed faculty or staff member may also participate. All participants must have a valid Laker ID# and present their card at the intramural activity in which they participate.
In the fall and spring semesters, the following individuals are eligible to participate in Intramural Sports activities:
- Currently enrolled, activity-fee paying students
- University Faculty
- University Employees
Questions concerning sport club player eligibility should be directed to Spenser N. Emerson, SpenserEmerson@clayton.edu.