Office of International Programs
The Office of International Education and Programs is a major hub of international activity on the campus. Working closely with colleges and departments, the office plays an important role in Clayton State's mission to produce graduates who have international, cross-cultural and comparative competencies to function in an increasingly interdependent world in which many issues we confront today are transnational, indeed global, in scope. To achieve this goal, we focus on three areas:
The office supports and encourages academic units, programs, faculty and students to enhance their international education activities by:
- providing advisory services to Clayton's leadership;
- sponsoring international programs, events and academic exchanges;
- organizing faculty and curriculum development conferences to integrate international and cross cultural perspectives across the curriculum.
- catalyzing, strategically investing in, and leading new initiatives;
- inviting and hosting Fulbright and other visiting scholars and diplomats;
- organizing international forums;
- sponsoring study abroad programs for students and faculty members;
- providing support services to international students;
- hosting an annual international education week;
- and developing partnerships with regional, national and international institutions.