Third-Party Recruiter Policy
If you are a Third-Party Recruiter posting a job for a client, it will be necessary to disclose the client’s company name for whom you are recruiting in the Job Description box. All positions posted by third-party recruiters without the client’s company name will be deleted from the system. Third-party recruiters are eligible to participate in the Career Fair ONLY IF they are recruiting for their own respective organization OR they explicitly state the company they are representing at the time of the fair. Also see NACE Third Party Recruiting Policy and Principles for Ethical Professional Practice. The Office of Career Services reserves the right to deny access and participation to any third-party employer.
Temporary agencies or staffing services are employers, not third-party recruiters, and will be expected to comply with the professional conduct principles set forth for employer professionals. These are organizations that contract to provide individuals qualified to perform specific tasks or complete specific projects for a client organization. Individuals perform work at the client organization, but are employed and paid by the agency.
Start-Up Company Policy
Start-up companies must be sufficiently established to where they are able but not limited to:
- Provide a company name, physical business address (not from home), website and email address with matching domains, and identify an Owner and/or Partner as the key contact
- Verify you are not seeking potential partners or investors to launch or sustain operation through our services
- Confirm you have obtained the necessary business licenses and Tax ID’s as well as sufficient funding, including identifying your funding model and investors, if requested
- Offer positions for pay, not just for equity
- Provide clearly defined organization and position descriptions on our job board (Laker CareerZone).
- Internships and Co-op positions must abide by the NACE Principles for Employment Professionals and Federal EEO guidelines.
Ventures who cannot meet these guidelines may be denied access to our services.
Babysitting, Tutoring, or other In-Home Employment
We do not post babysitting jobs or other positions where an employee will work out of someone else's dwelling (house, apartment, condo, etc).