Laker Service Day
The Laker Service Day consists of educational sessions facilitated by both student leaders and Department of Campus Life staff focusing on community service, civic engagement, social justice, and volunteerism. After the educational sessions, and a very tasty lunch, participants engage in a hands-on service project to benefit both our campus and local community. LAKER SERVICE DAY (previously known as Service Learning Institute) is a program designed to introduce students to the concepts of service learning and help develop their commitment to public service and learning. Taking place at the beginning of the Fall Semester, Laker Service Day is targeted primarily to freshman and first year students who have a desire to learn how to serve their communities.
By the end of the day it is our intention that participants will leave with a better understanding of community service, volunteerism, and civic engagement; learn how to connect with local community partners; and know how to effectively track their volunteer service hours.
Additional information and registration will be available soon.
Photos from previous Laker Service Day events/activities
What Have YOU Done Today?
Student Learning and Development Domains:
- Enhanced understanding of community service, volunteerism and civic engagement
- Increase awareness of local resources, programs, organizations and volunteer opportunities
- Learn how to track volunteer service hours
- Increased desire to participate in volunteer and service opportunities
- Introduce service as a critical aspect of the college experience
- Strengthen ability to work with people with different ideas and points of view
- Work collaboratively to contribute to achievement of group goals
- Develop healthy, mutually beneficial on-campus and off-campus relationships
- Enhance feelings of campus pride and school spirit
If you have any questions, contact LaShanda Hardin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-466-5433
If you require an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Department of Campus Life at CampusLife@clayton.edu or by calling (678) 466-5433 to communicate your needs.
Get Involved in Service Learning Today!
Please contact the Department of Campus Life at (678) 466-5433 or by email: CampusLife@clayton.edu for more information about how you can get civically active and involved!