Contact Us on Microsoft Teams
Front Desk Assistants are also available on Microsoft Teams during our operating hours.
The Writers' Studio is a space where you can share ideas and receive help with your writing assignments. You will immediately feel welcome. Gather around a table in-person or meet virtually to discuss your writing issues and a peer writing consultant who has been university trained in writing response will talk with you one-on-one at any stage of your writing, about any aspect of it, regarding any subject you’re addressing. The peer consultant will help you with developing an idea, developing a thesis statement, organizing your thoughts, or you might need help understanding your assignment. No problem is too big or small.
The focus of the sessions is on revision, so you must put in the effort first, but in the Writers' Studio, the peer consultant will partner with you to make sure your finished product is something of which you can be proud. We don’t simply edit or proofread your paper; we help you become a more organized, resourceful, exacting, and accomplished writer.
How to Schedule an Email or Virtual Writing Consultation
- With your CSU username and password, access the appointment calendar.
NOTE: Login with CSU credentials is required.
- In the “Select Service” section at the top of the screen, select either “Virtual Consultation” or “Email Consultation.”
- In the “Select Time” section, select both a date and a time.
- Then, in the “Add your details” section, provide your basic contact information.
- In the “Notes” box, there is an option to let the consultant know if there is a particular area you want specific advice on. Inputting information in the comment box is not required but is there in the case that you do want specified help.
- Click the blue Book button to complete booking your appointment.
Summer 2021 Hours
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
During the Summer 2021 semester, The Writers' Studio will be open from Monday, May 24 to Monday, July 26 and will be fully online to provide both virtual and email writing consultations.
Location: Arts and Sciences Building, Room 224
Phone: (678) 466-4728