The Department of Career Services is designed to assist students with their individual career development.
We can help your student with everything from choosing (or changing!) a major, all the way to finding full-time employment or making graduate school decisions, and beyond. How You Can Help.
- Encourage your child to visit our office
- Advise your student to write a resume
- Challenge your student to become "occupationally literate"
- Allow your student to make the decision
- Emphasize the importance of internships
- Encourage extracurricular involvement
- Persuade your student to stay up-to-date with current events
- Expose your student to the world of work
- Teach the value of networking
Adapted from an article by Thomas J. Denham, Copyright © National Association of Colleges and Employers
From choosing majors to gaining experience through part-time jobs and internships and finding full-time positions or graduate school acceptance, we offer programs, counseling/coaching and resources to help students. Families can also assist students with their career needs by offering support and feedback while encouraging them to utilize our office. Please review our extensive website and learn more about available services.
National Association of Colleges and Employers: Parent Resources