Get ready for Homecoming 2020
Let the countdown begin! Our annual Homecoming is an exciting time at Clayton State University. Homecoming is all about spirit, pride, and connecting with your alma mater. And there is no better time to be a part of #LakerNation.
Monday, February 10
- 11:00 a.m. – Homecoming Kickoff Location: UC Plaza All students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited to come together for an opportunity to find out more about all the activities and events taking place during Homecoming Week. There will be a DJ and pizza will be provided by the Alumni Association until it runs out. Please register your organization or department if you would like to have a table to promote your Homecoming Week event.
- 7:00 p.m. – Game Night, sponsored by the Student Activities Center Location: Student Activities Center
Tuesday, February 11
- 7:00 p.m. – Student Choice Awards, sponsored by the CSIR Location: Student Activities Center Red carpet ceremony starts at 6:15 p.m. Early arrival is suggested. Information on nominations and voting will be released at a later date
Wednesday, February 12
- 2:00 p.m. - Dedication & Unveiling Ceremony of the Little Free Library donated by a current student (Kirk Lawton) & his family Location: Retiree’s Butterfly Garden on the Lakeview side of the UC
- 3:00 p.m. - English Department Alumni & Majors Networking Event Location: Arts & Sciences Building, Room G221 Two guest English Department alumni will be teaching English majors how to showcase their skills in regards to career opportunities.
- 5:30 p.m. – Women’s Basketball vs. Georgia Southwestern Location: The Loch Tickets are available at the door
- 7:30 p.m. – Men’s Basketball vs. Georgia Southwestern Location: The Loch Tickets are available at the door
- 8:00 p.m. – Comedy Show, sponsored by Campus Events Council Location: Student Activities Center Tickets can be picked up for free by students at the Student Activities Center. Non-students may purchase tickets for $5 at the SAC.
- 10:00 p.m. – Dodgeball after Dark, sponsored by Department of Recreation & Wellness Location: Student Activities Center
Thursday, February 13
- 11:30 a.m. - Faculty-Staff Alumni Appreciation Lunch Location: Lobby of Athletics Building This is an invitation-only event for alumni of Clayton State who currently serve as members of the faculty or staff. Register to attend
- 6:00 p.m. – Athletics Hall of Fame Ceremony Location: Harry S. Downs Center Purchase tickets
- 8:00 p.m. – Step Show, sponsored by Fraternity & Sorority Council and Campus Life Location: Student Activities Center Tickets can be purchased at the Student Activities Center or from a member of a Greek organization. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for non-students.
Friday, February 14
- 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m . - Brunch with Bae By reservation only Register here Location: Dining Hall Quiet Room
- 3:00 p.m. – Homecoming Parade View parade map Lineup will begin in Lot K by the Student Activities Center. Parade Unit Entry Registration Form
- 4:00 p.m. – The Homecoming FanFest & Bonfire Location: Behind Athletics Building Come out after the parade for refreshments, music, and a celebratory bonfire.
Saturday, February 15
- 9:00 a.m. – Homecoming Waffle 5K and Fun Run, sponsored by Alumni Association Location: Race will begin and end in parking lot in front of Spivey Hall Alumni, Faculty/Staff, and Friends Registration Students Registration Volunteer Registration Form
- 9:30 a.m. – Homecoming Waffle Breakfast, sponsored by Alumni Association Location: Parking lot in front of Athletics Center Registration information
- 12:00 p.m. – Homecoming Tailgate Location: Parking lot in front of Athletics Center Registration information
- 3:00 p.m. – Paul Jacobs, organ concert Location: Spivey Hall Tickets are $25-$50 and available here. Alumni are eligible for discounted tickets; please contact Alumni Office at email@example.com.
- 3:00 p.m. – Women’s Basketball vs. Francis Marion Location: The Loch Tickets are available at the door
- 5:00 p.m. – Men’s Basketball vs. Francis Marion Location: The Loch Immediately Following Men's Basketball Game - Homecoming King & Queen Coronation Tickets are available at the door
- Homecoming King & Queen Coronation
Sunday, February 16
- 3:00 p.m. – Faculty Recital, featuring Kurt-Alexander Zeller, tenor & Michiko Otaki, piano Location: Spivey Hall This event is free