Completing Your Financial Aid File
We will receive an electronic copy of the information you submitted on the FAFSA (called an ISIR) a few days after you complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). After that information is received, if additional documentation is required, you will need to log into your DUCK and click on the Verification link to view and upload your Financial Aid requirements. Your file will not be reviewed until all documents have been submitted.
All documents should be uploaded using through your DUCK unless otherwise specified. Any documents submitted to the Financial Aid office must be signed. Please keep a copy of any documents that you submit as copies cannot be provided for you at a later date. Please allow a 24-48 hour turn-around period for confirmation of receipt of all forms submitted via fax/mail/drop box/etc. You may check the Duck to confirm receipt of submitted documents after this time.
Every student's file is different. What is required of one student may not be required of another, depending on school, state and federal rules and regulations. You should carefully read all documents that you receive from this office regarding what documents are needed to complete your file. Please do not submit any documents unless they are requested by the Financial Aid office.
Your verification paperwork will be reviewed for completeness. If any of the materials are missing or incomplete, you will be contacted as to what is needed. The Financial Aid Office may request additional documents from students and parents (of dependent students) after your file is reviewed. Because financial information is student specific, the Financial Aid Office cannot know exactly what is needed until the initial review is made. Additional documents may be requested from students and parents (of dependent students) when they meet certain circumstances that are not common to every student. The Financial Aid Office is required by the U.S. Department of Education to resolve any conflicting information. In these situations, explanations and/or additional supporting documents may be requested.
After your file is complete, your financial aid counselor will compare the information you submitted on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the information provided in your verification paperwork. If any discrepancies are found, your financial aid counselor will send the necessary corrections electronically to the federal student aid processor.
Need a copy of your Tax Return Transcript to complete your financial aid file? You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information (tax return transcript).
1. Request a copy of your Tax Return Transcript through the IRS's website
- In the Tools section click "Get a Tax Transcript"
- Click "Get a Tax Transcript"
- Enter tax filers identifying information
- Click "Continue"
- In the Type of Transcript field select "Return Transcript" and in the Tax Year field select the appropriate tax year.
2. Request transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946 and following the prompts. At the appropriate prompt, you will need to enter:
- Enter social security number and the numbers in your street address
- Select Option 2, IRS Tax Return Transcript, and enter tax year.
3. Order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). The IRS does not charge a fee for transcripts. Allow two weeks for delivery.
Tax Transcripts must be mailed to your home address not to Clayton State University.