MUSC 1710/3410 University Orchestra
String players at Clayton State participate in 2 orchestras – a string orchestra and a symphony orchestra – performing one concert with each every semester. Wind, brass and percussion players participate in the symphony orchestra playing two concerts each semester. For symphony orchestra concerts Clayton State music students join with the Southern Crescent Symphony Orchestra.
- The CSU Orchestra is open by audition to strings, percussion, orchestral winds and orchestral brass.
- The student’s audition for the CSU music program serves as the orchestra audition.
- Students in any major may audition for the ensemble and will need to register for course credit.
- The string orchestra rehearses on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 5:00 to 6:15.
- The symphony orchestra rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 7:15 to 9:15.