Thank you for visiting the Clayton State University Division of Music!
The Clayton State Division of Music, a program in the Department of Visual and Performing Arts, is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. Our mission is to provide:
- Professional preparation for performers, educators, scholars, and creators
- Broad-based liberal arts education in music
- Service to the university and the public through performance and community engagement
- Music Education is a comprehensive program that leads to Georgia K-12 teacher certification in music. Students may select either a choral/vocal track or instrumental track in this program.
- Music is a versatile program that allows students to study music in the context of a liberal arts curriculum. Students who are also interested in completing courses in dance or theatre can easily fit these courses into their curriculum.
The Division of Music also offers a Minor in Music.
We have an accomplished faculty of performers, scholars, and educators who are committed to helping our students to succeed. Our graduates are successful teachers, performers, church musicians, and music entrepreneurs.
Clayton State University is home to world-renowned Spivey Hall. Our students, ensembles, and faculty perform regularly Spivey Hall, and our music students have access to free tickets to Spivey Hall concerts and master classes.